Cooperative Localization Using Fuzzy DDEIF and Broad Learning System for Uncertain Heterogeneous Omnidirectional Multi-robots
- 17 Downloads
This paper presents a novel fuzzy distributed and decentralized extended information filtering (FDDEIF) method using broad learning system (BLS), called BLS-FDDEIF, for indoor cooperative localization of a group of heterogeneous omnidirectional mobile robots (HOMRs) incorporated with their dynamic effects. A new pose initialization algorithm is proposed to estimate the robots’ initial poses. Once all the initial poses of the HOMRs have been roughly determined, a novel BLS-FDDEIF method is presented to fuse multisensory measurements for estimating more accurate poses of all the HOMRs. Comparative simulations and experimental results are conducted to show the effectiveness and superiority of the proposed method in finding accurate pose estimation of three cooperative HOMRs with unknown initial poses.
KeywordsBroad learning system (BLS) Cooperative localization Fuzzy distributed and decentralized extended information filtering (FDDEIF) Multi-robots Heterogeneous omnidirectional mobile robot (HOMR)
The authors deeply acknowledge financial support from Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), Taiwan, ROC, under contract MOST 107-2221-E-005-073-MY2.
- 1.Parker, L.E.: Distributed intelligence: overview of the field and its application in multi-robot systems. J. Phys. Agents 2(1), 1–14 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Tsai, C.C., Chan, C.C., Tai, F.C.: Cooperative localization using fuzzy decentralized extended information filtering for homogenous omnidirectional mobile multi-robot system. In: Proc. of 2015 Intern. Conf. on Syst. Science and Eng., Morioka, Japan, 6–8 July, 2015Google Scholar
- 3.Tan, Y.M.: Fuzzy decentralized cooperative global localization for a multi-ballbot system. MS Thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Chung Hsing University (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Yang, G.H.: Cooperative global pose estimation and localization for a heterogeneous omnidirectional multirobot system using fuzzy distributed and decentralized filtering. MS Thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Chung Hsing University (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Feng, S., Chen, C.L.P.: Broad learning system for control of nonlinear dynamic systems. In: 2018 IEEE Intern. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Miyazaki, Japan, 7–10 October 2018Google Scholar
- 10.Tsai, C.C., Yu, C.C., Wu, C.W.: Adaptive distributed BLS-FONTSM formation control for uncertain networking heterogeneous omnidirectional mobile multirobots. J. Chin. Inst. Eng. (2019)Google Scholar
- 13.Tsai, C.C., Tai, F.C., Feng, K.H.: Fuzzy sliding-mode consensus formation control of networked heterogeneous Mecanum-wheeled multirobots with dynamic effects. In: Proc. of 2018 IEEE Intern. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2018), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 8–13 July 2018Google Scholar