Robust adaptive control of a 6-DOF space robot with flexible panels
- 98 Downloads
Robust adaptive control of a 6-DOF space robot with flexible panels are investigated in this paper. Dynamic model of the robot system is present firstly. Based on computed torque control method, a robust adaptive controller considering the uncertainties of the robot system is proposed to achieve the trajectory tracking and to suppress the elastic vibrations of the panels, and the stability of the controller is guaranteed by the Lyapunov stability theory. The trajectory tracking is performed by using the designed controller. Simulation results indicate that the designed controller can effectively make the robot system with uncertain parameters reach a desired target and the elastic vibration of the panels may be suppressed simultaneously.
KeywordsSpace robot Flexible panels Computed torque control Lyapunov stability theory Robust adaptive control
This work is supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China (11132001, 11272202 and 11472171), the Key Scientific Project of Shanghai Municipal Education Commission (14ZZ021), the Natural Science Foundation of Shanghai (14ZR1421000) and Special Fund for Talent Development of Minhang District of Shanghai.
- 2.Hong ZD, Yun C, Chen L (2007) Modeling and trajectory tracking control of a free-floating space robot with flexible manipulators. Robot 29(1):92–96Google Scholar
- 3.Zarafshan P, Moosavian SAA (2011) Control of a space robot with flexible members. In: IEEE international conference on robotics and automation (ICRA), Shanghai, China, 2011, pp 2211–2216Google Scholar
- 6.Jia QX, Zhang XD, Sun HX, Chu M (2008) Active control of space flexible-joint/flexible-link manipulator. In: IEEE conference on robotics, automation and mechatronics, Chengdu, China, pp 812–818Google Scholar
- 7.Misra P, Patel RV, Balafoutis CA (1998) Robust control of robot manipulators in cartesian space. In: American control conference, pp 1351–1356Google Scholar
- 8.Shin JH, Jeong IK, Lee JJ, Ham W (1995) Adaptive-robust control for free-flying space robots using norm-bounded property of uncertainty. In: IEEE/RSJ international conference on intelligent robots and systems, Pittsburgh, PA, pp 59–64Google Scholar
- 10.Feng B, Ma G, Wen Q, Wang C (2006) Adaptive robust control of space robot in task space. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on mechatronics and automation, pp 1571–1576Google Scholar
- 12.Tang X, Tang CK, Li H (2011) A backstepping robust control method for free-floating space robot system with dual-arms. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on robotics and biomimetics, Phuket, Thailand, pp 761–765Google Scholar
- 13.Yu ZW, Liu XF, Li HQ, Cai GP (2016) Dynamics and control of a 6-DOF space robot with flexible panels. Proc Inst Mech Eng Part G: J Aerosp Eng 231(6):1022–1034Google Scholar
- 14.Huo W (2005) Dynamics and control of robot. Higher Education Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 15.Mohammadpour E, Naraghi M (2010) Robust adaptive tracking and regulation of wheeled mobile robots violating kinematic constraint. Int J Robot Autom 25(4):323–334Google Scholar
- 16.Hawwary ME, Elshafei AL (2006) Robust adaptive fuzzy control of a two-link robot arm. Int J Robot Autom 21(4):266–272Google Scholar