The hysteretic curve characteristics on Q235 steel under asymmetrical cyclic loading
- 31 Downloads
Ratcheting and Bauschinger effect usually occur in the structures which are subjected to cyclic loading. It is necessary to research on the evolution rules of ratcheting and Bauschinger effect changed with cycle numbers and further to look into the influence on material mechanics property. In this work, asymmetrical stress-controlled cyclic loading tests on Q235 steel have been conducted to obtain variation trends of strains. Furthermore, the relationships between ratcheting and loading conditions, Bauschinger effect and loading conditions are analyzed, respectively. The results indicate that Q235 steel shows cyclic softening characteristic ultimately during the tests. Ratcheting occurs when stress peak of applied loading is larger than lower yield stresses, and the initial cycle number of ratcheting is decided by the stress level of applied loading. No matter how the mean stress and the stress amplitude changed, the yield value of stress at the first loop is almost identical, and tensile yield stress is larger than compressive yield stress. It suggests that Q235 steel shows obvious Bauschinger effect under asymmetrical stress cyclic loading, and the influence of mean stress on Bauschinger effect is more significant than stress amplitude.
KeywordsBauschinger effect Cyclic softening Ratcheting Yield strength
This work supported by Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 51575474, 51475408).
- 5.Shao E, Yang XJ, Mao JH et al (2006) Experimental study on kinematic hardening of 1Cr18Ni9Ti stainless steel under low cycle fatigue. Nucl Power Eng 27(3):32–36Google Scholar
- 7.Yin JJ, Fu Y, Dong JH et al (2015) Uniaxial strain cyclic and ratcheting behavior of PE100 pipe at room temperature. Mater Mech Eng 39(10):1–4Google Scholar
- 10.Chen MS (2014) Investigation of Bauschinger effect of 7A04 aluminum alloy. Chengdu: Southwest Jiaotong University Master Degree Thesis, pp 36–46Google Scholar
- 11.Liu HT, Wang RF, Yang JH et al (2016) Research on Bauschinger effect of 10CrNi5MoV steel. Dev Appl Mater 31(4):47–50Google Scholar
- 12.Liu DH, Zhuang JB, Li GY et al (2013) Research on Bauschinger effect of sheet mental by experiments. China Mech Eng 24(4):542–556Google Scholar
- 13.Dai GX, Wang F, Shi G et al (2012) Comparison of monotonic and cyclic performances of structural steel Q345 and Q460. Ind Constr 42(1):13–17Google Scholar
- 15.Ma MY, Song W, Zhang XF (1996) Bauschinger effect of JW steel. Appl Sci Technol 1:34–39Google Scholar