The New MAN 45/60CR Engine
- 104 Downloads
MAN Diesel & Turbo has developed a new series of four-stroke engines. The new MAN 45/60CR combines high power density and competitive efficiency with low emissions. The new engine which is suitable for base load power plants and peaking applications also under extreme site conditions is characterized by a compact design, high reliability and a short start-up time.
Increased Engine Efficiency
“Nature is sending urgent signals. People and countries are threatened as never before. [...] We must protect the planet that sustains us. For that we need all hands on deck,” said Ban Ki-moon, Secretary General of the United Nations, in 2015 at the twenty-first Conference of the Parties in Paris .
Massive CO2reduction is required in order to protect our planet and to ensure desirable living conditions in the future. We are confronted with ever more stringent emission regulations and growing public awareness concerning environmental pollution. At the same time, the customers focus even more on...
- International Maritime Organization: EEDI — rational, safe and effective. http://www.imo.org/en/MediaCentre/HotTopics/GHG/Pages/EEDI.aspx, accessed 22nd January 2016
- Knafl, A.; Holand, P.; Stiesch, G.: Development of a Two-Stage Turbocharged Diesel Engine. In: MTZindustrial (2012), pp. 36–42Google Scholar
- The World Bank: World Bank Commodities Price Forecast (nominal US dollars). http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/pubdocs/publicdoc/2015/10/966751445286237369/CMO-Oct-2015-Historical-Forecasts.pdf, accessed 15th January 2016
- Friedrich, C.: Entwicklung einer Methode zur Verkürzung des modellbasierten Applikationsprozesses in der Groβmotorenentwicklung. München, Technische Universität, probably 2018Google Scholar
- Neher, J.: Rechnerische und experimentelle Untersuchungen der Schallabstrahlung bei Fahrzeuggetrieben. Ilmenau, Technische Universität, 2011Google Scholar