An indefinite proximal Peaceman–Rachford splitting method with substitution procedure for convex programming
- 60 Downloads
The strictly contractive Peaceman–Rachford splitting method (SCPRSM) has received a tremendous amount of attention for solving linearly constrained separable convex optimization problems. In this paper, we propose an indefinite proximal SCPRSM with substitution procedure (abbreviated as PPRSM-S) to improve numerical results. The prediction step takes a proximal SCPRSM cycle to update the variable blocks, then the correction step corrects the output slightly by computing a combination of the prediction step and the previous iteration. We derive the global convergence of the proposed method and analyze the convergence rate results under much mild conditions. Some experimental results on LASSO and total variation-based denoising problems demonstrate the efficiency of the substitution step and the indefinite proximal term.
KeywordsConvex programming Peaceman–Rachford splitting method Substitution Variational inequality Global convergence
Mathematics Subject Classification90C25 90C30 94A08
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation (no. 61877046) and the Fundamental Research Fund of Xidian University (no. JB180707).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
- Combettes PL, Pesquet JC (2011) Proximal splitting methods in signal processing. In: Fixed-point algorithms for inverse problems in science and engineering, pp 185–212Google Scholar
- Deng W, Lai MJ, Peng Z, Yin W (2017) Parallel multi-block admm with \(o(1/k)\) convergence. J Sci Comput 71(2):712–736Google Scholar
- Donoho DL, Tsaig Y (2008) Fast solution of \(l_1\)-norm minimization problems when the solution may be sparse. IEEE Trans Inf Theory 54(11):4789–4812Google Scholar
- Dou M, Li H, Liu X (2017) An inertial proximal Peaceman–Rachford splitting method. Sci Sin 47(2):333–348 Google Scholar
- Fu X, He B, Wang X, Yuan X (2014) Block-wise alternating direction method of multipliers with Gaussian back substitution for multiple-block convex programming. http://www.optimization-online.org/DB_FILE/2014/09/4544.pdf
- Gabay D (1983) Chapter IX Applications of the method of multipliers to variational inequalities. Stud Math Appl 15:299–331Google Scholar
- Gu Y, Jiang B, Han D (2015) A semi-proximal-based strictly contractive Peaceman–Rachford splitting method. arXiv preprint arXiv:1506.02221
- He B, Yuan X (2012) On the \(o(1/n)\) convergence rate of the Douglas–Rachford alternating direction method. SIAM J Numer Anal 50(2):700–709Google Scholar
- He B, Ma F, Yuan X (2017) Optimal linearized alternating direction method of multipliers for convex programming. http://www.optimization-online.org/DB_FILE/2017/09/6228.pdf
- Jiang F, Wu Z, Cai X (2018) Generalized ADMM with optimal indefinite proximal term for linearly constrained convex optimization. J Ind Manag Optim. https://doi.org/10.3934/jimo.2018181