Preparation and Properties of Hybrid Silane-crosslinked Sulfonated Poly(aryl ether ketone)s as Proton Exchange Membranes
- 5 Downloads
A series of novel organic-inorganic hybrid proton-conducting electrolyte membranes with silane-crosslinked sulfonated poly(aryl ether ketone)(SC-SPAEK) networks was prepared via a simple procedure that includes solution casting and acid treatment. The organosilicon pendants of the silane-grafted SPAEK, which were expected to serve as coupling and crosslinking agents, were found to play a key role in the homogenous dispersion of inorganic particles and improved the performance of hybrid membranes. The hybrid membranes exhibited enhanced proton conductivity, and SC-SPAEK/TiO2-4 showed an extremely high proton conductivity of 0.1472 S/cm at 100 °C. The crosslinked hybrid membranes also demonstrated good chemical resistance, oxidative stability, and mechanical properties. The crosslinked hybrid membranes with excellent comprehensive performance may be a promising material for proton exchange membrane fuel cells.
KeywordsProton-conducting electrolyte membrane Sulfonated poly(aryl ether ketones) Cross-linked network Hybrid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chen Y., Wang S. J., Xiao M., Meng Y. Z., Chem. J. Chinese Universities, 2007, 28(2), 362Google Scholar
- Bi H. P., Chen S. W., Wang J. L., Zhang X., Gao Z. L., Zhang S., Tao Y. Y., Wang L. J., Chem. J. Chinese Universities, 2009, 30(11), 2306Google Scholar
- Pan H. Y., Liang Y. F., Zhu X. L., Zhang S. H., Jian X. G., Chem. J. Chinese Universities, 2007, 28(1), 173Google Scholar
- Ortiz-Negron A., Suleiman D., Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2015, 132 Google Scholar
- Zhang S. H., Jiang Y. W., Chen L. Y., Jian X. G., Chem. J. Chinese Universities, 2013, 34(8), 1993Google Scholar