Synthesis and Herbicidal Activity of 3-Acetyl-4-hydroxy-2,1-benzothiazine Derivatives
- 28 Downloads
In order to develop a novel herbicide containing the 2,1-benzothiazine motif, a series of 3-acetyl-4-hydroxy-2,1-benzothiazine derivatives was synthesized. All the target compounds were confirmed by 1H NMR, 13C NMR, and high-resolution mass spectrometry(HRMS). In addition, the crystal structure of compound T27 was determined by single crystal X-ray diffraction. The bioassay results showed that some of the 3-acetyl-4-hydroxy-2,1-benzothiazine derivatives(T13, T15, T22, and T24) showed good herbicidal activity at a dosage of 100 μg/mL. Among them, compounds T22 and T24 showed promising post-emergent herbicidal activities against Brassica campestris and Amaranthus retroflexus even at a dosage of 375 g/ha(1 ha=104 m2) in the greenhouse test. Studies on the structure-activity relationship demonstrated that the type of acetyl group played an important role in the herbicidal activity, and that the introduction of a phenoxyacetyl group at the 3-position of 2,1-benzothiazine was beneficial in improving the herbicidal activity. The present study also indicated that 3-phenoxyacetyl-4-hydroxy-2,1-benzothiazine could be a potential lead compound for further development of novel 2,1-benzothiazine-containing herbicides.
Keywords3-Acetyl-4-hydroxy-2,1-benzothiazine Herbicidal activity Structure-activity relationship
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Engelhardt G., Homma D., Schlegel K., Utzlnann R., Schnitzler C., Inflamm. Res., 1995, 44, 422Google Scholar
- Myung P. S., Soon K. K., Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., 2000, 21, 1249Google Scholar
- Caruso I., Montrone F., Boari L., Adv. Ther., 1994, 11, 132Google Scholar
- Soler J. E., Derivatives of Oxazinobenzothiazine-6,6-dioxide, US 45634527, 1986 Google Scholar
- Giuseppe M., Arnaldo F., Patrizia T., Derivatives of Pyridobenzothiazine with High Anti-microbial Activity, US 466878426, 1987 Google Scholar
- Krapcho J., Turk C. F., 1-Substituted-4-phenyl-4H-[1,2,4]triazolo-[3,4-c][1,4]benzothiazines or Benzoxazines, US 3929783, 1975 Google Scholar