Hydrothermal Synthesized Co-Ni3S2 Ultrathin Nanosheets for Efficient and Enhanced Overall Water Splitting
- 9 Downloads
We used the one-step hydrothermal controlled synthesis method for Co-Ni3S2 ultrathin nanosheets grown directly on nickel foam(NF). The as-synthesized Co-Ni3S2/NF showed enhanced activities in the hydrogen evolution reaction(HER), oxygen evolution reaction(OER) and better overall water splitting(OWS) efficiency than the un-doped Ni3S2/NF. The voltage of Co-Ni3S2/NF for OWS was only 1.58 V at the current density of 10 mA/cm2 and with long time(>30 h) current output during the current-density(i-t) test. The good i-t performance was also observed in both HER and OER processes. Additionally, the Co-Ni3S2/NF showed a large current density(>1 A/cm2) for both HER and OER. When the current densities reached 100 and 1000 mA/cm2, the required overpotentials for Co-Ni3S2/NF were 0.35 and 0.75 V for OER and 0.30 and 0.85 V for HER. Therefore, after introducing Co, th e activity of Ni3S2-based material was strongly enhanced.
KeywordsCo-Ni3S2/nickel foam(NF) Ultrathin nanosheet Water splitting Hydrogen evolution reaction Oxygen evolution reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Feng X. L., Qu Z. K., Chen J., Wang D. D., Chen X., Yang W. S., Chem. J. Chinese Universities, 2017, 38(11), 1999Google Scholar
- Qian M. M., Cui S. S., Jiang D. C., Zhang L., Du P. W., Adv. Mater., 2017, 1704075Google Scholar
- Jian J., Li H., Sun X. J., Kong D. C., Zhang X. H., Zhang L., Yuan H. M., Feng S. H., ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2019, Doi: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b00229Google Scholar
- Zou J. Y., Liu Y. P., Chen H., Li G. D., Chem. J. Chinese Universities, 2018, 39(6), 1249Google Scholar
- Li Y. J., Zhang H. C., Jiang M., Zhang Q., He P. L., Sun X. M., Adv. Funct. Mater., 2017, 1702513Google Scholar
- Niu S., Jiang W. J., Tang T., Zhang Y., Li J. H., Hu J. S., Adv. Sci., 2017, 1700084Google Scholar
- Balogun M. S., Qiu W. T., Huang Y., Yang H., Xu R. M., Zhao W. X., Li G. R., Ji H. B., Tong Y. X., Adv. Mater., 2017, 1702095Google Scholar