A multidisciplinary team approach in Iranian diabetic foot research group
Diabetic Foot (DF) as a common complication of Diabetes needs to intensive intervention for prevention, management and rehabilitation. In this regard, the Iranian Diabetic Foot Research Group (IDFRG) of Diabetes Research Center of Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Institute (EMRI) of Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) with multi-disciplinary approach have begun its activity since 2014. The aim of this paper is introducing the IDFRG in four main categories including Education, Research, Knowledge Translation and Clinical Care. According to the strategic plan, Future activities would be considered as five following areas: National Diabetic Foot Research Network (NDFRN) Establishment, Podiatrist Curriculum Development, Iranian Diabetic Foot Registry System (IDFRS) Launch, DF guideline Implementation and last but not least DF Ward Establishment.
KeywordsDiabetic foot Patient care team
- 1.Organization WH. The top 10 causes of death worldwide-Fact Sheet. 2017. Available; 2017.Google Scholar
- 7.Abolhasani F, Tehrani M, Reza M, Tabatabaei O, Larijani B. Burden of diabetes and its complications in Iran in year 2000. Iranian J Diab Metab. 2005;5(1):35–48.Google Scholar
- 9.Blume P, Wu S. Updating the diabetic foot treatment algorithm: recommendations on treatment using advanced medicine and therapies. Wounds: Compendium Clin Res Pract. 2018;30(2):29–35.Google Scholar
- 12.Diabetic Foot Research Group. 2019 [14 Aguest 2019]. Available from: http://emri.tums.ac.ir/dmfoot.
- 13.Contious Medical Education/ virtual School/ Tehran University of Medical Sciences 2019 [14 Augest 2019]. Available from: http://cme.tums.ac.ir.
- 15.Aalaa M, Sanjari M, Meybodi HRA, Amini MR, Qorbani M, Adibi H, et al. The effectiveness of a peer coaching education on control and management of type 2 diabetes in women: a protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Int J Commun Based Nursing Midwifery. 2017;5(2):153.Google Scholar