Tolypanthus maclurei (Merrill) Danser (Loranthaceae): An Addition to Flora of India, from Manas National Park, Assam
- 1 Downloads
The present communication reports an extended distribution of Tolypanthus maclurei (Merrill) Danser in India where it has been collected from Bhuyapara Range of Manas National Park of Assam state. The species is so far considered as endemic to China and present record extends the known geographic distribution from China to South Asia. A detailed revised description, photographs, phenology and host species have been provided for easy identification of the species.
KeywordsTolypanthus maclurei New record Rare Endemic Eastern Himalaya India China
The first author is grateful to the University Grants Commission (UGC) awarding Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowships (RGNF) for Ph.D. program vide its Letter No. F1 - 17.1/2014-2015/RGNF- 2014-15-ST-Ass- 65516. We deeply acknowledge the help and support of Department of Environment and Forests, Government of Assam, during field survey and collections.
- 1.Barlow BA (2005) Tolypanthus (Loranthaceae): a new genus record for Thailand and a new species. Thai For Bull (Bot) 33:1–7Google Scholar
- 2.Barooah C, Ahmed I (2014) Plant diversity of Assam: a checklist of angiosperms and gymnosperms. Assam Science Technology and Environment Council, GuwahatiGoogle Scholar
- 3.Bora PJ, Kumar Y (2003) Floristic diversity of Assam: study of Pabitora wildlife sanctuary. Daya Publishing House, DelhiGoogle Scholar
- 4.Danser BH (1935) A revision of the Philippine Loranthaceae. Philip J Sci 58(1):1–110Google Scholar
- 5.Hooker JD (1886) Flora of British India, vol 3. Reeve & Co. Ltd, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 6.Kanjilal UN, Kanjilal PC, De RN, Das A (1940) Flora of Assam. 4. Government of AssamGoogle Scholar
- 7.Merrill ED (1922) Notes on the Flora of Southeastern China. Philip J Sci 21(5):491–514Google Scholar
- 8.Qiu H, Gilbert MG (2003) Loranthaceae. In: Wu ZY, Ravan PH, Hong DY (eds) Flora of China, vol 5. Science Press, Beijing and Missouri Botanical Garden Press, St. Louis, pp 220–239Google Scholar
- 9.Rajaskeran K (2012) Loranthaceae. In: Balakrishnan NP, Chakrabarty T, Sanjappa M, Lakshminarasimhan P, Singh P (eds) Flora of India, vol 23. Botanical Survey of India Press, KolkataGoogle Scholar