Mechanical properties of polymer concrete made with jute fabric and waste marble powder at various woven orientations
- 11 Downloads
The use of polymer concrete has been extensively developed over the last few years, and a growing attention is being paid to search for ways to strengthen their innovation processes. The object of this work is the valorization of natural resources, such as vegetable fibers and mineral wastes, to reduce the environmental impact and improve the mechanical properties of polymer concrete. More specifically, this investigation focused on the influences of woven fabric orientation on mechanical properties of polymer concrete laminates.
KeywordsPolymer concrete Mechanical properties Vegetable fibers Mineral wastes
The authors gratefully acknowledge the support from Maghreb Pipe Industry. Special thanks are for Dear Kheir Baali, President of Maghreb Pipe Industry, for his valuable support and help.
- Abd-Ali NK, Madeh AR (2016) Effect of fiber orientation angles on mechanical behavior of car bumper composite. Kufa J Eng 7:27–37Google Scholar
- Barbuta M, Harja M (2008) Properties of fiber reinforced polymer concrete. Bul Inst Politeh din lasi Sect Constr Arhit 54:13Google Scholar
- Bouguessir H, Harkati E, Rokbi M, Priniotakis G, Vassilliadis S, Boughanem H, Fellah L (2018) Physico-chemical and mechanical characterization of Jute fabrics for civil engineering applications. J Comput Methods Sci Eng 18:129–147Google Scholar
- Martinez-Barrera G, Vigueras-Santiago E, Gencel O (2011) Polymer concretes: a description and methods for modification and improvement. J Mater Educ 33:37Google Scholar
- Priniotakis G, Bouguessir H, Harkati E, Rokbi M, Vassilliadis S (2018) Environmental durability of externally natural fabrics reinforced polymer concrete. In: IOP conference series: materials science and engineering, 012020. IOP PublishingGoogle Scholar
- Ribeiro M, Vogt JC, Marques AT, Ferreira AJ (2010) Mechanical behaviour analysis of polymer mortars reinforced with jute and piassava natural fibres under alkaline environments. In: Rosa LM, Margarido F (eds) Materials science forum. Trans Tech Publications, pp 239–244Google Scholar
- Rokbi M, Rahmouni ZEA, Baali B (2017) Performance of polymer concrete incorporating waste marble and Alfa fibers. Adv Concr Constr 5(4):331–343Google Scholar