Synthesis of quasi-hexagonal Ag/NiCo2O4 nanosheets and their photocatalytic and antibacterial properties
- 1 Downloads
The precursors of NiCo2O4 and Ag/NiCo2O4 composite nanosheets with different Ag contents were prepared via a hydrothermal procedure. The final NiCo2O4 and Ag/NiCo2O4 quasi-hexagonal nanosheets with different Ag contents were prepared by calcining each precursor. The as-synthesized samples were characterized by thermogravimetric analysis, X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy and transmission electron microscopy, respectively. The photocatalytic performance of the resultant samples was investigated with assistance of H2O2 under irradiation of visible light by using p-nitrophenol and methyl blue as pollutant target, respectively. The results revealed that the photocatalytic activity of Ag/NiCo2O4 nanosheets increased with increasing Ag content from 0 to 5%, and the Ag/NiCo2O4 composite with 4 and 5% all exhibited higher catalytic activity for degrading p-nitrophenol and methyl blue, respectively. The antibacterial activity of NiCo2O4 and composite Ag/NiCo2O4 nanosheets to several common gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria was examined. The results demonstrated that the Ag/NiCo2O4 composites displayed excellent activity even with a low Ag content, but NiCo2O4 exhibited weak antibacterial activity.
KeywordsAg/NiCo2O4 nanosheets Photocatalysis Antibacterial property
This study was supported by the University Nature Science Research Project of Anhui Province, China (Grant No. KJ2015A208), the Nature Science Fund of Anhui Province, China (Grant No. 1608085MB33) and College’s Innovation Projects of Anhui Province, China (Grant No. 201710381003), respectively.
- 1.V.B.R. Boppana, H. Schimidt, F. Jiao, D.J. Doren, R.F. Lobo, Chem. Eur. J. 17, 2417 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.A. Rahman, R. Jayaganthan, J. Nanostruct. Chem. 51, 47 (2015)Google Scholar
- 25.X.H. Sun, R.Y. Cao, Y.X. Wu, Y. Liu, X.Y. Zhang, Mater. Process Report. 29, 105 (2014)Google Scholar
- 26.X. Gao, H. Wang, H. Zhang, X. Chen, L. Wei, B. Xu, Rare Metal Mate. Eng. 42, 2097 (2013)Google Scholar
- 27.M. Nadafan, R. Malekfar, A. Izadidarbandi, Z. Dehghani, Desalination Water Treat. 57, 1 (2015)Google Scholar
- 33.O.A. Douglas-Gallardo, R. Moiraghi, M.A. Macchione, J.A. Godoy, M.A. Pérez, E.A. Coronado, V.A. Macagno, RSC Adv. 2, 923 (2012)Google Scholar
- 34.Y. Sun, X.J. Zhang, Adv. Mater. Res. 471, 821–822 (2013)Google Scholar