2-methyl-1,4-benzodioxan-substituted bis(NHC)PdX2 complexes: Synthesis, characterization and the catalytic activity in the direct arylation reaction of some 2-alkyl-heterocyclic compounds
Almost in all fields of chemistry, the C–C cross-coupling reactions such as the direct arylation reaction have attracted much attention and have advanced quickly in recent years due to the importance of environment-friendly properties. This study contains the synthesis of the 2-methyl-1,4-benzodioxan-substituted bis(NHC)PdX2 complexes and their catalytic activity in direct arylation reaction. The bis(NHC)PdX2 complexes have been prepared from the 2-methyl-1,4-benzodioxan-substituted Ag(I)NHC complexes via transmetallation method. The bis(NHC)PdX2 complexes have been characterized using 1H NMR, 13C NMR, FT-IR spectroscopy and elemental analysis techniques. The bis(NHC)PdX2 complexes have been examined as catalysts in the direct arylation reactions with 2-n-butylfuran, 2-n-butylthiophene and 2-isopropylthiazole, and have demonstrated excellent activity in these reactions.
KeywordsN-Heterocyclic carbenes Direct arylation Butylfuran Butylthiophene 2-Isopropylthiazole
This work was financially supported by Inönü University Research Fund (IUBAP 2011/21) and the authors acknowledge İnönü University Scientific and Technology Center for the elemental analyses of the compounds.
- 1.S. Diez Gonzalez (ed.), N-Heterocyclic Carbenes, From Laboratory Curiosities to Efficient Synthetic Tools (Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, 2011)Google Scholar
- 3.C.S.J. Cazin (ed.), N-Heterocyclic Carbenes in Transition Metal Catalysis and Organocatalysis (Springer, New York, 2011)Google Scholar
- 4.S.P. Nolan (ed.), N-Heterocyclic Carbenes in Effective Tools for Organometallic Synthesis (Wiley, Weinheim, 2014)Google Scholar
- 11.C. Xu, X.-Q. Hao, Z. Li, X.-M. Dong, L.-M. Duan, Z.-Q. Wang, B.-M. Ji, M.-P. Song, Chem. Commun. 17, 34–37 (2012)Google Scholar
- 39.M. Kaloğlu, N. Kaloğlu, İ. Özdemir, Chem. Select 3, 5600–5607 (2018)Google Scholar