LncRNA LINC00470 promotes proliferation through association with NF45/NF90 complex in hepatocellular carcinoma
- 74 Downloads
Increasing evidence demonstrates that long noncoding RNAs (lncRNAs) play an important role in the development and progression of human cancers. LncRNA LINC00470 has been reported to function as an oncogene in glioblastoma. Until now, the roles and underlying mechanisms of LINC00470 in the progression of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) remain unclear. Here, we found that LINC00470 was upregulated in HCC cells and tissues. High-level LINC00470 was significantly correlated with bigger tumor size, advanced TNM stage and poor prognosis in patients with HCC. Functional studies showed that knockdown of LINC00470 expression inhibited HCC cell proliferation and cell cycle progression, while overexpression of LINC00470 showed the opposite effects. Further investigation suggested that LINC00470 was associated with NF45/NF90 complex and increased its interaction with cyclin E1 mRNA, thus inhibiting the degradation of cyclin E1 mRNA. Additionally, knockdown of cyclin E1 in LINC00470-overexpressed cells abolished its promotive effects on HCC cell proliferation. In summary, our findings suggest that targeting LINC00470 could be a potential therapeutic approach in treating HCC patients.
KeywordsCyclin E1 mRNA stability RNA-binding protein Cell cycle
All the experiments were conducted by WH, JL, JY, ZH and XZ. YM and XH designed this research and finished the manuscript.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
All the authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
The study was approved by the research ethics committee of Hanchuan People’s Hospital and conducted in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki (approval number: 2019082301). Written informed consent was obtained from all HCC patients.
- 15.Wen X, Liu X, Mao YP, Yang XJ, Wang YQ, Zhang PP, et al. Long non-coding RNA DANCR stabilizes HIF-1alpha and promotes metastasis by interacting with NF90/NF45 complex in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Theranostics. 2018;8(20):5676–89. https://doi.org/10.7150/thno.28538.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 16.Zhang W, Xiong Z, Wei T, Li Q, Tan Y, Ling L, et al. Nuclear factor 90 promotes angiogenesis by regulating HIF-1alpha/VEGF-A expression through the PI3 K/Akt signaling pathway in human cervical cancer. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9(3):276. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41419-018-0334-2.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 20.Zhang W, Wu Y, Hou B, Wang Y, Deng D, Fu Z, et al. A SOX9-AS1/miR-5590-3p/SOX9 positive feedback loop drives tumor growth and metastasis in hepatocellular carcinoma through the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. Mol Oncol. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/1878-0261.12560.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 21.Chen Z, Yu W, Zhou Q, Zhang J, Jiang H, Hao D, et al. A novel lncRNA IHS promotes tumor proliferation and metastasis in HCC by regulating the ERK- and AKT/GSK-3beta-signaling pathways. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids. 2019;16:707–20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omtn.2019.04.021.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 24.Higuchi T, Todaka H, Sugiyama Y, Ono M, Tamaki N, Hatano E, et al. Suppression of MicroRNA-7 (miR-7) biogenesis by nuclear factor 90-nuclear factor 45 complex (NF90-NF45) controls cell proliferation in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Biol Chem. 2016;291(40):21074–84. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M116.748210.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar