Palmprint Recognition Using Oriented Structural Energy Signature Codes
- 56 Downloads
The palmlines in palmprint are dispersed in different directions and the intersections of these diverged palmlines configure the textural structures. Consequently, these structures have energy in the different orientations called as “ energy signatures” which are utilized to extract a new palmprint representation named as “oriented structural energy signature codes”. In the proposed work, aforementioned energy signatures in different orientations are extracted using oriented exponential wavelets. Thereafter, bidirectionally rotated oriented energy signatures are acquired and employed to generate the oriented structural energy signature codes. The effectiveness of the proposed scheme is examined by performing the experiments on benchmark databases such as PolyU 2D, PolyU multispectral, IITD touchless, and PolyU vers. II.
KeywordsBiometrics Palmprint recognition Oriented exponential wavelets Oriented structural energy signatures OSES codes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Kong, A.K.; Zhang, D.: Competitive coding scheme for palmprint verification. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), vol. 1, pp. 4–7 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Xu, Y.; Fei, L.; Wen, J.; Zhang, D.: Discriminative and robust competitive code for palmprint recognition. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Syst. PP(99), 1–10 (2016)Google Scholar
- 18.Hong Kong PolyU 2D/3D Database (2016). http://www.comp.polyu.edu.hkbiometrics/2D3DPalmprint/2D3DPalmprint.htm. Accessed 19 Oct 2016
- 19.Polyu multispectral palmprint database (2016). http://www.comp.polyu.edu.hk/~biometrics. Accessed 19 Oct 2016
- 20.Iitd touchless palmprint database version (1.0) (2016). http://www.comp.polyu.edu.hk/~csajaykr/IITD/Database_Palm.htm. Accessed 2 Dec 2016
- 21.Hong Kong PolyU version II Database (2014). “http://www.comp.polyu.edu.hk/~biometrics/”. Accessed 10 Feb 2014
- 25.Sun, Z.; Tan, T.; Wang, Y.; Li, S.Z.: Ordinal palmprint represention for personal identification [represention read representation]. In: Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR’05), vol. 1, pp. 279–284. IEEE (2005)Google Scholar