Important Paradigms of the Thermoelastic Waves
- 7 Downloads
This paper is devoted to the investigation of the propagation of magneto-thermoelastic waves in a rotating monoclinic system. The system is electrically conducting in the presence of an applied magnetic field. A general dispersion relation is obtained for magneto-thermoelastic waves. The propagation of wave produced two elastic waves and two thermal waves. It is found that the elastic waves depend on the applied magnetic field and the rotational frequency, where the thermal waves are independent of these effects. The numerical simulations are presented in this article to support the findings.
KeywordsDispersion relation Thermoelastic waves Rotational frequency Monoclinic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.Kittel, C.; McEuen, P.; McEuen, P.: Introduction to Solid State Physics, pp. 323–324. Wiley, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- 17.Kaliski, S.; Petykiewicz, J.: Equation of motion coupled with the field of temperature in a magnetic field involving mechanical and electrical relaxation for isotropic bodies. Proc. Vib. Probl. 4, 1–12 (1959)Google Scholar
- 22.Chattopadhyay, A.; Gupta, S.; Singh, A.K.; Sahu, S.A.: Propagation of shear waves in an irregular magnetoelastic monoclinic layer sandwiched between two isotropic half-spaces. Int. J. Eng. Sci. Technol. 1(1), 228–244 (2009)Google Scholar
- 23.Alfven, H.: On existence of electromagnetic-hydrodynamic waves: Ark Mat Astron Fys A29, 1–7 (1942)Google Scholar
- 25.Lide, D.R.: Magnetic susceptibility of the elements and inorganic compounds. CRC Handb. Chem. Phys. 86, 130–135 (2005)Google Scholar