Synthetic Evaluation of Natural Gas Pipeline Operation Schemes Based on the Multi-level Grey Cluster Decision Method
- 19 Downloads
In this paper, a multi-level grey cluster decision method is proposed for the synthetic evaluation of operation schemes of natural gas pipelines with inexact data and insufficient information. A four-level index system is built as the synthetic evaluation criterion, aiming in balancing transmission volume, economic profit, and safety of the pipeline. The analytic hierarchy process (AHP) method is applied to calculate the weights of indexes. In order to assess the pipeline’s operation schemes with multi-level index, the principle of AHP method and the conventional grey cluster decision method are incorporated into a new multi-level grey evaluation method. The essential procedures of the method are illustrated in details, including computations of the grey class, whitenization weight function, decision coefficient matrix, weighted normalized decision coefficient matrix and synthetic evaluation score. Finally, this method is applied to seven operation schemes of Se–Ning–Lan gas pipeline in China. The results demonstrate that synthetic prior order of each scheme is not dependent on any one evaluation index, but on the comprehensive performance of the transmission volume, economic profit and pipeline safety. The application proves that the pipeline’s operation schemes can be reasonably evaluated even if insufficient data are used. The achievement of this paper provides a new analytical method as well as a powerful tool for the synthetic evaluation of operation schemes for natural gas pipelines.
KeywordsNatural gas pipeline Operation schemes Grey cluster decision method Synthetic evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This paper is funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51504206, 51604233, 51474184), a sub-project of the National Science and Technology Major Project of China (No. 2016ZX05028-001-006).
- 1.Mokhatab, S.; Poe, W.A.: Handbook of Natural Gas Transmission and Processing. Elsevier, Amsterdam (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Xiong, H.; Yang, Z.P.; Li, C.J.: Comprehensive estimation method for dispatch and operation of gas transmission pipelines. OGST 29(3), 197–200 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Jia, W.; Li, C.; Wu, X.: Application of multi-hierarchy grey relational analysis to evaluating natural gas pipeline operation schemes. Commun. Comput. Inf. Sci. 152, 245–251 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, H.; Wang, W.P.; Zhang, Q.S.; Cai, Y.H.: Knowledge integration of cluster networks based on grey relational analysis knowledge similarities. J. Grey Syst. 25(1), 12–23 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Liu, S.; Lin, Y.; Forrest, J.Y.L.: Grey Systems: Theory and Applications, vol. 68. Springer, Berlin (2010)Google Scholar
- 16.Liu, S.F.; Forrest, J.: The current developing status on grey system theory. J. Grey Syst. 19(2), 111–123 (2007)Google Scholar
- 20.Liu, S.F.: Grey System Theory and Its Application, 8th edn. Science Press, Beijing (2017). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 21.Li, C.; Jia, W.; Liu, E.; Wu, X.: A multi-hierarchy grey relational analysis model for natural gas pipeline operation schemes comprehensive evaluation. Int. J. Ind. Eng.-Theory 19(6), 241–251 (2012)Google Scholar
- 23.Rios-Mercado, R.Z.; Borraz-Sanchez, C.: Optimization problems in natural gas transportation systems: a state-of-the-art review. APEN 147, 536–555 (2015)Google Scholar
- 24.Wu, X.; Li, C.; He, Y.; Jia, W.: Operation optimization of natural gas transmission pipelines based on stochastic optimization algorithms: a review. Math. Probl. Eng. Article ID 1267045 (2018)Google Scholar
- 26.Schmoldt, D.; Kangas, J.; Mendoza, G.A.; Pesonen, M.: The Analytic Hierarchy Process in Natural Resource and Environmental Decision Making, vol. 3. Springer, Berlin (2013)Google Scholar
- 30.Zhou, L.; Xu, S.: Application of grey clustering method in eutrophication assessment of wetland. J. Am. Sci. 2(4), 52–57 (2006)Google Scholar
- 33.Chen, D.L.; Fu, M.; Jiang, X.R.; Song, D.W.: The investment decision-making index system and the grey comprehensive evaluation method under hybrid cloud. Adv. Intell. Soft Comput. 169, 171–176 (2012)Google Scholar
- 34.Xuejun, T.; Yao, C.: Multi-level grey evaluation of corporate sustainable growth. In: Proceesing of 2007 IEEE GSIS, Nanjing, pp. 284–288 (2007)Google Scholar
- 35.Sun, Y.; Chen, S.F.; Huang, K.: Adaptive optimal route selection based on gray evaluation theory. China J. Highw. Transp. 16(4), 87–90 (2003)Google Scholar