Performance Evaluation of Wireless Power Communication LTE MIMO Systems for Full-Duplex Services
- 16 Downloads
Rapid evolution of wireless communication systems coupled with the spread of handheld devices such as smartphones and tablets, along with their associated power-hungry applications, account for major consumption of battery energy. A new paradigm in research aiming at prolonging battery life of such devices has emerged in the form of wireless energy harvesting. As a result, this research aims at deriving an optimal time-split factor between energy harvesting, information processing and transmission. In this paper, first, an optimal time-split factor between energy harvesting and information transmission/reception is derived in the case of full-duplex transmission for symmetric traffic and asymmetric traffic. Second, a closed-form mathematical expression is derived for delay constraint traffic as well as elastic traffic services. Third, the constraints imposed by traffic profiles were considered. Thus, mathematical expression tends itself to realistic and practical analysis of long-term evolution systems, as evidenced by the results presented.
KeywordsEnergy harvesting MIMO Traffic profiles LTE
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Varshney, L.R.: Transporting information and energy simultaneously. In: Information Theory, ISIT (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Grover, P., Sahai, A.: Shannon meets Tesla: wireless information and power transfer. In: ISIT 2010 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Huan, J., Qian, F., Gerber, A., Mao, Z.M., Sen, S., Spatscheck, O.: A close examination of performance and power characteristics of 4G LTE networks. In: Proceedings of MobiSys, UK, June 25–29, pp. 225–238 (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Jensen, A R., Lauridsen, M., Mogensen, P., Sørensen, T B., Jensen, P.: LTE UE power consumption model: for system level energy and performance optimization. In: IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC) (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Dusza, B., Ide, C., Cheng, L., Wietfeld, C.: An accurate measurement-based power consumption model for LTE uplink transmissions. In: IEEE Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS) (2013)Google Scholar
- 17.Froehlich A.: CVOICE 8.0: Implementing cisco unified communications voice over IP and QoS v8.0 Study Guide. Sybex, November ISBN: 9780470916230.(2011)Google Scholar
- 18.Abuhaija, B.: Addressing the emerging challenges in modeling and simulating the performance of LTE networks. Int. J. Appl. Eng. Res. 11(1), 411–421 (2016)Google Scholar
- 20.Ts, D., Viswanath, P.: Fundamentals of Wireless Communications. (2004). https://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dtse/main.pdf. Accessed 12 June (2016)
- 23.Finch, S.R.: Euler-Mascheroni Constant §1.5 in Mathematical Constants, pp. 28–40. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2003)Google Scholar
- 25.Salous, S.: Radio Propagation Measurement and Channel Modelling. Wiley, London (2013). https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118502280