A Novel n-Rightmost Bit Replacement Image Steganography Technique
- 100 Downloads
Image steganography is a technique for hiding the secret data in a carrier image. This paper proposes a novel n-right most bit replacement image steganography technique to hide the secret data in an image, where 1 ≤ n ≤ 4. The major objectives of the proposed technique are, (1) improving the peak signal to noise ratio (PSNR), (2) improving the embedding capacity (EC), (3) avoiding the fall of boundary problem (FOBP), and (4) robustness against salt and pepper noise and RS attack. Initially, the n-right most bits for each pixel and the n-bits of the secret data are converted to decimal values. Then, using the difference between these two decimal values the original pixels are readjusted to produce stego-pixels. From the experimental results it is observed that PSNR is higher for lower value of n and the EC is larger for the higher value of n. Furthermore, it is also experimentally investigated that the proposed technique is resistant to steganalytic attacks.
KeywordsData hiding Steganography PSNR Embedding capacity
- 2.Hussain, M., Wahab, A. W. A., Idris, Y. I. B., Ho, A. T., & Jung, K. H. (2018). Image steganography in spatial domain: A survey. Signal Processing: Image Communication, 65, 46–66.Google Scholar
- 3.Pradhan, A., Sahu, A. K., Swain, G., & Sekhar, K. R. (2016). Performance evaluation parameters of image steganography techniques. In: IEEE international conference on research advances in integrated navigation systems (pp. 1–8).Google Scholar
- 4.Gutub, A. A. A. (2010). Pixel indicator technique for RGB image steganography. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Web Intelligence, 2(1), 56–64.Google Scholar
- 9.Fridrich, J., & Goljan, M. (2002). Practical steganalysis of digital images: State of the art. Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents IV, International Society for Optics and Photonics, 4675, 1–14.Google Scholar
- 14.Hussain, M., Wahab, A. W. A., Ho, A. T., Javed, N., & Jung, K. H. (2017). A data hiding scheme using parity-bit pixel value differencing and improved rightmost digit replacement. Signal Processing: Image Communication, 50, 44–57.Google Scholar
- 22.USC-SIPI Image Database (Online). Available http://sipi.usc.edu/database/database.php?volume=misc. Accessed 14 June 2018.
- 23.Sahu, A. K., & Swain, G. (2018). An improved data hiding technique using bit differencing and LSB matching. Internetworking Indonesia Journal, 10(1), 17–21.Google Scholar