Analysis of Mechanical Properties in Steel Frame with Ductile Connections
- 60 Downloads
Steel frames with ductile connections have good seismic performance under strong earthquake, they are now popular for high seismic design. In order to simplify the process of numerical analysis of the steel frames with ductile connections, simplified connection models are introduced, two types of springs are placed in the simplified connection model, which can simulate deformation of the panel zone and members. 6-story-3-bay steel frames with ductile connections are simplified and carried out modal analysis, fundamental periods of the frames predicted by finite-element analysis for simplified steel frame models were compared to the results for actual frame models. 2-story steel frame with reduced beam section connections is simplified and carried out pseudo-static analysis, hysteretic curves and skeleton curves of the frame obtained by finite-element analysis for simplified steel frame model are compared to test results. The comparison show that the difference between them is small, it is reliable and effective to predict mechanical properties of the steel frame with ductile connection by finite-element analysis of simplified steel frame model.
KeywordsSteel frame Simplified model of ductile connection Modal analysis Pseudo-static analysis Hysteretic behavior
This reserch was sponsored by Qingdao Postdoctoral Science Foundation. This support is greatly acknowledged (Grant No. 2016129).
- Han, M., Mou, Z., Wang, S., Wang, Y., & Zhang, M. (2018a). Research on mechanical properties of steel frame structures with ductile connections. Steel Construction, 3, 11–15. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Han, M., Wang, S., Mou, Z., Wang, Y., & Liu, D. (2018b). Seismic performance analysis of steel frame structure with ductile connections. Journal of Architecture and Civil Engineering., 35(4), 72–80. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Han, M., Wang, H., Wang, Y., Wang, S., & Mu, Z. (2017). Research on simplified model of ductile and energy-dissipated connection in steel frames. Journal of Architecture and Civil Engineering, 34(2), 86–94.Google Scholar
- Li, Q. (2015). Study on the seismic behavior of the steel frame with RBS nodes. Qingdao: M.S. Qingdao Technological University. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Shi, G., Yuan, F., Huo, D., Shi, Y., & Wang, Y. (2012). The theoretical model and measuring calculation method of the beam-to-column joint rotation in steel frames. Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 29(2), 52–60. (in Chinese).Google Scholar