Experimental Research on Static Behavior of Stiffened T-Shaped Concrete-Filled Steel Tubular Stubs Subjected to Concentric Axial Loading
- 67 Downloads
Eight stiffened T-shaped concrete-filled steel tubular (CFST) columns and one non-stiffened T-shaped CFST column were tested subjected to axial compressive load in this paper. The mechanical property and failure mode of the specimens were studied. The influences of steel ratio, concrete strength and sectional size were investigated on the axial compressive performance of the specimens. A numerical program was developed to calculate concentric load-shortening curves of T-shaped CFST columns based on experimental results. The confined concrete distribution in T-shaped section and the stiffened tube’s local buckling were considered in the numerical program. A good agreement between calculating results and experimental results was obtained. Besides, a design formula of bearing capacity of stiffened T-shaped CFST columns was put forward by considering favorable effect of stiffeners.
KeywordsT-shaped column Concrete-filled steel tubular column Stiffeners Local buckling Failure modes Bearing capacity
This study was funded by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (Grant Nos. 2016YFC0701201 and 2017YFC0703805), Research and Development Project of Ministry of Housing and Urban–Rural Development (Grant No. 2014-K2-010) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant Nos. 106112014CDJZR200001 and 106112015CDJXZ208804).
- Cheng, T., & Thomas, H. (1989). T-shaped reinforced concrete members under biaxial bending and axial compression. ACI Structural Journal, 86(4), 2576–2595.Google Scholar
- Gao, D. X., Ke, J., & Wang, L. H. (2005). Seismic behavior analysis of special-shaped column frame structure. Journal of Xi’an University of Technology, 21(3), 285–288. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Joaquin, M. (1979). Design aids for L-shaped reinforced concrete columns. ACI Structural Journal, 76(49), 1197–1216.Google Scholar
- Lin, Z. Y., Shen, Z. Y., & Luo, J. H. (2009). Hysteretic behavior of concrete-filled L-section steel tubular columns under cyclic loading. Progress in Steel Building Structures, 11(2), 12–17. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wang, T. C., Li, X. H., Wang, T. Z., et al. (2007). Hysteretic behavior of frame with specially shaped columns subjected to cyclic loading. Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition), 37(1), 224–228. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Yang, Y. L., Wang, Y. Y., & Zhang, S. M. (2012). Experimental research on seismic behavior of T-shaped concrete-filled steel tube columns with reinforcement stiffeners. Journal of Building Structures, 33(4), 104–112. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Yau, C. Y., Chan, S. L., & So, A. K. W. (1993). Biaxial bending design of arbitrarily shaped reinforced concrete column. ACI Structural Journal, 90(3), 269–279.Google Scholar
- Zhang, J. C., Shen, Z. Y., Lin, Z. Y., et al. (2010). Experimental research on seismic behavior of concrete-filled L-shaped steel tubular frames. Journal of Building Structures, 31(8), 1–7. (in Chinese).Google Scholar