A Study on the Bending and Seismic Performance of High Performance Cold Forming Composite Beam
- 40 Downloads
Nowadays, the researches about composite structure system are being implemented in various fields, and many steel structures are designed based on that. In this study, the bending and seismic performance of the newly developed high-performance cold forming composite beam are evaluated by several experiments. As a result of the bending performance test, the bending moment of beam was increased stably depending on the depth and plate thickness of beam, and it is considered that the bending moment can be evaluated by the equation of a composite beam design. As a result of the seismic performance test, it was verified that sufficient seismic performance was obtained despite the increase of a negative moment rebar and depth of beam. In addition, the nominal bending moment has obtained the strength above the plastic bending moment, and also the plastic rotation angle has satisfied the requirement of composite intermediate moment frame.
KeywordsHigh-performance cold forming composite beam Bending performance Seismic performance Monotonic loading test Cyclic loading test
This paper was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea in 2016 (No. NRF-2014 R1A2A1A11052803).
- AIK. (2009). Korea building code and commentary structural. Architectural Institute of Korea (KBC 2009).Google Scholar
- AISC. (2010). Steel construction manual 14th, Seismic Design Manual 2nd. American Institute of Steel Construction, USA.Google Scholar
- Heo, B. W., Kwak, M. K., Bae, K. W., & Jeong, S. M. (2007). Flexural capacity of the profiled steel composite beams-deep deck plate. Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, 19(3), 247–258.Google Scholar
- JISF. (1996). A valuation basis proposal of standard test method for a seismic capacity evaluation performance of steel structure, Japan.Google Scholar
- Jung, J. C., Lee, C. N., Lee, S. H., & Kim, H. S. (2014). Seismic performance test of TSC composite beam to CRC composite column connections. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 30(11), 21–28.Google Scholar
- Kim, H. S., Lee, C. N., Lee, S. H., & Kim, B. R. (2012b). Seismic performance test of concrete-filled u-shaped steel beam-to-prefabricated column connections. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 28(4), 55–64.Google Scholar
- KSSC. (2011). Korean steel structure design code and commentary-load and resistance factored design. Korean Society of Steel Construction.Google Scholar
- Lee, D. H., Kim, K. S., Oh, J. Y., Lim, J. H., Choi, S. M., & Kim, J. H. (2010). Experimental study on prestressed composite girder with corrugated webs. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 26(11), 57–65.Google Scholar
- Plumier, A., & Doneux, C. (2001). Seismic behavior and design of composite steel concrete structures. Research Report, LNEC, Portugal.Google Scholar
- Salmon, C. G., Johnson, J. E., & Malhas, F. A. (2009). Steel structures-design and behavior (5th ed.). USA: Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- Yang, I. S. (2011). Strength of composite beam using shear connectors installed in driving pin under vertical loading. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 27(9), 85–92.Google Scholar