Large-Scale Time Series Analytics
- 53 Downloads
More and more data is gathered every day and time series are a major part of it. Due to the usefulness of this type of data, it is analyzed in many application domains. While there already exists a broad variety of methods for this task, there is still a lack of approaches that address new requirements brought up by large-scale time series data like cross-domain usage or compensation of missing data. In this paper, we address these issues, by presenting novel approaches for generating and forecasting large-scale time series data.
KeywordsData analytics Time series generation Time series forecasting Big Data
This work was funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research within the project Competence Center for Scalable Data Services and Solutions Phase 1—ScaDS Dresden/Leipzig (BMBF 01IS14014A).
- 5.Cleveland RB, Cleveland WS, McRae JE, Terpenning I (1990) STL: a seasonal-trend decomposition procedure based on loess. J Off Stat 6(1):3–73Google Scholar
- 6.Cuddihy MA, Drummond JB Jr., Bourquin DJ (1994) Vehicle crash data generator. US patent/grant: US5608629AGoogle Scholar
- 16.Kegel L, Hahmann M, Lehner W (2017) Feature-driven time series generation. Proc 29th GvDB Workshop, p. 54–59Google Scholar
- 20.Müller H, Haberlandt U (2015) Temporal rainfall disaggregation with a cascade model: from single-station disaggregation to spatial rainfall. J Hydrol Eng. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0001195 Google Scholar
- 24.R Core Team (2014) R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, AustriaGoogle Scholar
- 25.Rahm E, Nagel WE, Peukert E, Jaekel R, Gaertner F, Stadler PF, Wiegreffe D, Zeckzer D, Lehner W (2019) Competence center ScaDS Dresden/leipzig: overview and selected research activities. Datenbank Spektrum 19(1)Google Scholar
- 27.The Commission for Energy Regulation (2015) CER smart metering project. http://www.ucd.ie/issda/data/commissionforenergyregulationcer/. Accessed 18.12.2017Google Scholar
- 28.VDE e.V. (2011) Messwesen Strom (Metering Code); VDE-AR‑N 4400Google Scholar