The draft genome sequence of Meyerozyma guilliermondii strain YLG18, a yeast capable of producing and tolerating high concentration of 2-phenylethanol
- 3 Downloads
The draft genome of a wild-type Meyerozyma guilliermondii strain YLG18, which could convert l-phenylalanine (l-phe) to 2-phenylethanol (2-PE) and tolerate high concentration of 2-PE was sequenced and analyzed. 18S rDNA analysis indicated that strain YLG18 is closely related to M. guilliermondii. The assembled draft genome of strain YLG18 is 12.8 Mb, containing 5275 encoded protein sequences with G + C content of 43.75%. Among these annotated genes, two aminotransferases, one phenylpyruvate decarboxylase and two bifunctional alcohol dehydrogenases (adh) play key roles in the achievement of 2-PE production from l-phe via Ehrlich pathway. In addition, membrane protein insertase (YidC), heat shock protein (Hsp90) and chaperons (SGT1) were identified, which may contribute to the increased tolerance to 2-PE.
KeywordsDraft genome Meyerozyma guilliermondii 2-Phenylethanol Ehrlich pathway Tolerance
This work was supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (2018YFA0902200), the Jiangsu Province Natural Science Foundation for Youths (BK20170993), the Jiangsu Synergetic Innovation Center for Advanced Bio-Manufacture, the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 21706125, 21978130), Jiangsu Key Lab of Biomass-based Green Fuels and Chemicals Foundation (JSBEM201908), and the China Postdoctoral Innovative Talents Support Program (BX20180140).
- Dorothee K, Andreas K (2018) YidC-mediated membrane insertion. FEMS Microbiol Lett 365(12):1Google Scholar
- Fabre CE, Blanc PJ, Goma G (1996) Production of benzaldehyde by several strains of Ischnoderma benzoinum. Sci Des Aliments 16(1):61–68Google Scholar
- Konturek PC, Brzozowski T, Konturek SJ, Pajdo R, Stachura J, Hahn EG (1998) Adaptation to alcohol is associated with overexpression of heat shock proteins (HSP). Gastroenterology 114(1):A186Google Scholar
- Ramírez-Castrillón M, Jaramillo-Garcia VP, Rosa PD, Landell MF, Duong V, Fabricio MF, Ayub MAZ, Robert V, Henriques JAP, Valente P (2017) The oleaginous yeast Meyerozyma guilliermondii BI281A as a new potential biodiesel feedstock: selection and lipid production optimization. Front Microbiol 8:1776CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Welker S, Rudolph B, Frenzel E, Hagn F, Liebisch G, Schmitz G, Scheuring J, Kerth A, Blume A, Weinkauf S, Haslbeck M, Kessler H, Buchner J (2010) Hsp12 is an intrinsically unstructured stress protein that folds upon membrane association and modulates membrane function. Mol Cell 39(4):507–520CrossRefGoogle Scholar