Draft genome sequence of a cold-adapted phosphorous-solubilizing Pseudomonas koreensis P2 isolated from Sela Lake, India
- 40 Downloads
The draft genome sequence of a cold-adapted phosphorus-solubilizing strain Pseudomonas koreensis P2 isolated from the Sela Lake contains 6,436,246 bp with G + C content of 59.8%. The genome sequence includes 5743 protein coding genes, 68 non-protein coding genes, 1007 putative proteins, 5 rRNA genes, 64 tRNAs and two prophage regions in 40 contigs. Besides these, genes involved in phosphate solubilization, siderophore production, iron uptake, heat shock and cold shock tolerance, multidrug resistance and glycine-betaine production were also identified.
KeywordsPhosphorus (P) Pseudomonas koreensis Genome Phosphate solubilization PGPR
We thankfully acknowledge the financial assistance under CRP-Genomics Platform of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), India. The assistance of M/S Bionivid technology Pvt. Ltd., Kasturi Nagar, Bengaluru, India is acknowledged.
AKS conceived the idea. AKS, PS, HC, MK and PLK are associated with the wet lab experiments and sequencing. JY, Anjney Sharma, and Anchal K. Srivastava contributed in sequencing and analysis. APB, RS and AKS analyzed the genome data. Anil K. Saxena gave critical inputs. APB and AKS wrote the paper.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Awasthi S, Sharma A, Saxena P, Yadav J, Pandiyan K, Kumar M, Singh A, Chakdar H, Bhowmik A, Kashyap PL, Srivastava AK, Saxena AK (2019) Molecular detection and in silico characterization of cold shock protein coding gene (cspA) from cold adaptive Pseudomonas koreensis. J Plant Biochem Biotechnol. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13562-019-00500-8 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Fiske CH, Subbarow Y (1925) The colorimetric determination of phosphorus. J Biol Chem 66:375–400Google Scholar
- Hernandez-Salmeron JE, Hernandez-Leon R, Orozco-Mosqueda MDC, Valencia-Cantero E, Moreno-Hagelsieb G, Santoyo G (2016) Draft Genome sequence of the biocontrol and plant growth-promoting rhizobacterium Pseudomonas fluorescens strain UM270. Stand Genomic Sci 11:1. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40793-015-0123-9 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- ICAR-NBAIM Annual Report (2014–2015) ICAR-National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Microorganisms, Kushmaur, Mau, UP, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- Kashyap PL, Chakdar H, Saxena P, Soni AP, Srivastava AK, Sharma AK (2015) Characterization and evaluation of plant growth promoting capabilities of phosphate solubilizing psychrotolerant bacteria from Cold Desert of Arunachal Pradesh. In: Presented at international conference on low temperature science and biotechnological advances held at NBPGR, Pusa Campus, New Delhi from 27–30th April 2015, p 112Google Scholar
- Lafi FF, Alam I, Geurts R, Bisseling T, Bajic VB, Hirt H, Saad MM (2016) Draft genome sequence of the phosphate-solubilizing bacterium Pseudomonas argentinensis strain SA190 isolated from the desert plant Indigofera argentea. Genome Announc 4:e01431-16. https://doi.org/10.1128/genomeA.01431-16 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- Lozano GL, Park HB, Bravo JI, Armstrong EA, Denu JM, Stabb EV, Broderick NA, Crawford JM, Handelsman J (2019) Bacterial analogs of plant tetrahydropyridine alkaloids mediate microbial interactions in a rhizosphere model system. Appl Environ Microbiol. https://doi.org/10.1128/AEM.03058-18 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- Lugtenberg B, Kamilova F (2009) Plant-growth-promoting rhizobacteria. Ann Rev Microbiol 63:541–556. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.micro.62.081307.162918 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Selvakumar G, Joshi P, Suyal P, Mishra PK, Joshi GK, Bisht JK, Bhatt JC, Gupta HS (2011) Pseudomonas lurida M2RH3 (MTCC 9245), a psychrotolerant bacterium from the Uttarakhand Himalayas, solubilizes phosphate and promotes wheat seedling growth. World J Microbiol Biotechnol 27:1129–1135CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Srivastava AK, Sharma A, Srivastava R, Tiwari PK, Singh AK, Yadav J, Jamali H, Bharati AP, Srivastava AK, Kashyap PL, Chakdar H, Kumar M, Saxena AK (2019) Draft genome sequence of halotolerant bacterium Chromohalobacter salexigens ANJ207, isolated from salt crystal deposits in pipelines. Microbiol Resour Announc 8(15):e00049-19CrossRefGoogle Scholar