Periodic orbit analysis for the deterministic path-preference traffic flow cellular automaton
- 19 Downloads
The path-preference traffic flow cellular automaton is suggested to model the dynamics of transcription. The main difference from the simple traffic flow model is that it contains another preferential paths at some sites. In this paper, we propose an exact analysis for the simplest version of this model. We find that the density of particles is dominant to the dynamics of this cellular automaton and observed that there are not only expected phase shift but also several gaps as the density increases. By considering the behavior of periodic orbits, we also determine the point where such gaps in the flow appear and the exact value of the flow.
KeywordsCellular automaton Traffic jams Exact analysis Phase shift Periodic orbit
Mathematics Subject Classification90B20 37B15
We would like to thank Professors Tetsuji Tokihiro and Youichiro Wada for helpful comments. This research is supported by Platform for Dynamic Approaches to Living System (the Platform Project for Supporting in Drug Discovery and Life Science Research) from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science (MEXT) and Technology, Japan, and Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED). This work is also partially supported by the JPSJ KAKENHI Grant Number 17K14199.
- 6.Schadschneider, A., Schreckenberg, M.: Cellular automation models and traffic flow. J. Phys. A: Math Gen. 26, L679 (1993)Google Scholar
- 8.Cook, P.R.: Principles of Nuclear Structure and Function. Wiley-Liss, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Tripathi, T., Schüz, G.M., Chowdhury, D.: RNA polymerase motors: dwell time distribution, velocity and dynamical phases. J. Stat. Mech: Theor. Exper. P08018 (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Brankov, J.G., Pesheva, N.C., Bunzarova, N.Zh.: arXiv:0803.2625
- 15.Negami, H.: Private communicationGoogle Scholar