Nuclear Medicine Theranostics: Perspective from Pakistan
- 25 Downloads
Nuclear medicine has been offering diagnostic and therapeutic solution since the introduction of radioactive iodine for thyroid diseases since decades. However, the concept of theranostics has given a new found impetus to the use of pairs of radiopharmaceuticals for diagnosis and treatment. Presented here is a perspective on theranostics from Pakistan.
KeywordsTheranostics Ga68 Lu177 DOTATATE Hybrid imaging Pakistan
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
All procedures quoted in the review articles involving human participants were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institutional and/or national research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki Declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
Informed content data exists for the quoted procedures in this review article.
- 1.Younis N, Bashir H. Theranostics–neuroendocrine tumours. J Cancer Allied Spec. 2018;4(2):1.Google Scholar
- 9.Zaman MU, Fatima N, Sajjad Z, Hashmi I. High-dose I131 therapy on outpatient basis: imperative and no more a desire. Pak J Nucl Med. 2012;2:92–7.Google Scholar
- 10.Memon AS, Laghari NA, Mangi FH, Hussain MM, Nohario SH. Isolation period of 131I administered patients at NIMRA Jamshoro Pakistan. Int J Radiol Radiat Ther. 2017;2:2–5.Google Scholar
- 11.Hassan A, Siddique M, Bashir H, Riaz S, Wali R, Mahreen A, et al. 18F-FDG PET-CT imaging versus bone marrow biopsy in pediatric Hodgkin’s lymphoma: a quantitative assessment of marrow uptake and novel insights into clinical implications of marrow involvement. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017;44:1198–206.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Riaz S, Bashir H, Niazi IK. Triage of limited versus extensive disease on F18 FDG PET/CT scan in small cell lung cancer Asia Ocean. J Nucl Med Biol. 2017;5:109–13.Google Scholar
- 13.Riaz S, Bashir H, Hassan L, Jamshed A, Murtaza A, Hussain R. Impact and prognostic value of 18F FDG PET-CT scan in the evaluation of residual head and neck cancer - single centre experience from Pakistan. South Asian J Cancer. 2017;6:81–3.Google Scholar
- 14.Zaman MU, Fatima N, Zaman A, et al. Significantly low effective dose from 18FDG PET/CT scans using dose reducing strategies: “lesser is better”. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:3465–8.Google Scholar
- 23.Ajit S. An overview of nuclear medicine and PET CT in India. Curr Trends Clin Med Imaging. 2017;1(5).Google Scholar