Development of EST-SSR Markers and Analysis of Genetic Relationship it’s Resources in Hexaploid Oats
- 10 Downloads
Oats are the fifth largest planted area in the world, and are the only cereal crops in the world to be among the top ten in the world. However, since oats are weak in cold weather, only four varieties are cultivated in Korea at present. Therefore, we constructed the DNA profile database using the EST-SSR marker for the oat 73 varieties kept in Korea. When the oat 73 cultivars marketed in Korea were tested with the eight EST-SSR marker developed in this study, 71.62 average alleles were detected per marker and the mean of PIC value was 0.337. According to the polymorphism of microsatellite markers, 73 varieties of oats were classified into 5 ~ 9 groups and most of the genetic resources investigated were identified when EST-SSR marker was used. In the future, EST-SSR markers developed in this study may be used to identify the seed disputes and breeds of oats. In addition, it predicts that it will be usefully used as a means of evaluating the characteristics of oat genetic resources, testing purity and studying the cultivation of varieties.
Key wordsOat Cereal crop EST (Expressed Sequence Tags) SSR (Simple Sequence Repeats) Seed dispute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by a grant from the Next-Generation BioGreen 21 Program (Project No. PJ01364 7032019), Rural Development Administration, Republic of Korea.
This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
- Ai CX, Lu L, Ma GB, Liu ZX. 2005. Application of SSR markers in hybrid seed purity test of melon. Acta Horticulturae Sinica. 32(5): 902–904Google Scholar
- Chung H, Jeong YM., Chung WH, Mun JH, Kim N, Yu HJ. 2014. Genome-wide Marker Development for Radish (Raphanus sativus) Using Next GenerationSequencing. J. Hortic. Sci. Technol. 102–102Google Scholar
- Jaccard P. 1908. Nouvelles recherches sur la distribution florale. Bull. Soc. Vaud. Sci. Nat. 44: 223–270Google Scholar
- Newman RK, Newman CW, Fadel J, Graham H. 1987. Nutritional implications of beta-glucans in barley. Barley Genetics. 773: 780Google Scholar
- Rohlf FJ. 1993. Numeric taxonomy and multivariate analysis system. NTSYS-pcGoogle Scholar
- Sorrells ME, Simmons SR. 1992. Influence of environment on the development and adaptation of oat. Oat science and technology. (oatscienceandte). 115–163Google Scholar
- Zhai W, Tian Q, Jia J, Dong Y. 2002. Identification of purity of Hami melon hybrid with AFLP fingerprint. Acta Horticulturae Sinica. 29(6): 587–587Google Scholar