Quadratic Convective Heat Transport of Casson Nanoliquid Over a Contract Cylinder: An Unsteady Case
- 9 Downloads
An unsteady MHD flow of nonlinear radiative heat transfer of Casson liquid over a contract cylinder has been modeled. This is a theoretical study that involves mathematical approach to do the investigation. The nonlinear partial differential equations for heat transfer are solved numerically using the RKF-45 method. Effects of embedded kinetic parameters on the velocity and temperature of the system are depicted graphically and discussed accordingly. It is found that the rate of cooling is much faster for higher values of unsteadiness parameter. The higher value of unsteady parameter decreases the profiles of velocity and temperature. Further, thermal boundary layer thickness is decreased when the Prandtl number increases.
KeywordsCasson liquid Unsteady flow Nonlinear radiation Magnetic field Contract cylinder
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of Interest.
Research involving humans and animals statement
- 2.Makinde, O. D., & Animasaun, I. L. (2016). Thermophoresis and Brownian motion effects on MHD bioconvection of nanofluid with nonlinear thermal radiation and quartic chemical reaction past an upper horizontal surface of a parabolic of revolution. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 221, 733–743.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Kumar, K. G. (2019). Scrutinization of 3D flow and nonlinear radiative heat transfer of non-Newtonian nanoparticles over an exponentially sheet. International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid Flow. https://doi.org/10.1108/HFF-12-2018-0741.
- 8.Kumar, K. G., Ramesh, G. K., & Gireesha, B. J. (2018). Thermal analysis of generalized burgers nanofluid over a stretching sheet with nonlinear radiation and non-uniform heat source/sink. Archives of Thermodynamics, 39(2).Google Scholar
- 11.Fang, T., Zhang, J., Zhong, Y., & Tao, H. (2011). Unsteady viscous flow over an expanding stretching cylinder. Chinese Physics Letters, 28, 1–4.Google Scholar
- 18.Casson, N. (1959). A flow equation for pigment oil suspensions of the printing ink type. In C. C. Mill (Ed.), Rheology of disperse systems (pp. 84–102). Oxford: Pergamon Press.Google Scholar
- 26.Kumar, K. G., Ramesh, G. K., & Gireesha, B. J. (2017). Numerical solutions of double-diffusive natural convection flow of MHD Casson fluid over a stretching vertical surface with thermal radiation. Journal of Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics, 2(2), 6–14.Google Scholar