Gold price forecasting research based on an improved online extreme learning machine algorithm
- 27 Downloads
Accurate gold price prediction is highly essential for economic and currency markets. Thus, the intelligence prediction models need to be applied to price prediction. On the basis of long-term collected daily gold, the study proposes a novel genetic algorithm regularization online extreme learning machine (GA-ROSELM), to predict gold price data which collected from public websites. Akaike Information Criterion (AIC) is introduced to build the eight input combinations of variables based on the silver price of the previous day (Silver_D1), Standard & Poor. The 500 indexes (S&P_D1), the crude oil price (Crude_D1), and the gold price of the previous 3 days (Gold_D1, Gold_D2, Gold_D3). Eight optimal variable models are established, and the final input variables are determined according to the minimum AIC value. The proposed model (GA-ROSELM) solve the problem that OS-ELM model which is easy to generate singular matrices, meanwhile, experiments demonstrate this model performs better than ARIMA, SVM, BP, ELM and OS-ELM in the gold price prediction experiment. On the test set, the root means square error of this model (GA-ROSELM) prediction compared with five other models which decreased by 13.1%, 22.4%, 53.87%, 57.84% and 37.72% respectively. In summary, the results clearly confirm the effectiveness of the GA-ROSELM model.
KeywordsGenetic algorithm AIC criterion Online learning machine Gold price forecast
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61375063, 61773404, 11301549 and 11271378), Key Program of The National Social Science Fund of China under Grants 16ATJ003. And in part by the Institute of engineering modeling and scientific computing, Central South University 2019 “Tian’an” Cup College Students’ innovation and Entrepreneurship Project.
- Gao T, Li X, Chai Y (2016) Deep learning with stock indicators and two-dimensional principal component analysis for closing price prediction system. 2016 7th IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Science (ICSESS). IEEE, 166–169. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICSESS.2016.7883040
- Guihao P, Nailian H, Huanzhong L (2010) Empirical analysis of gold price based on ARMA-GARCH model. Gold 31(1):5Google Scholar
- Mustaffa Z, Sulaiman MH, Kahar MNM (2015) Training LSSVM with GWO for price forecasting[C]. 2015 International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV). IEEE, 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1109/iciev.2015.7334054
- Xu J (2017) Empirical analysis of gold futures price based on ARMA model. Ind Econ Rev 4:3Google Scholar
- Xueying Z, Le Z, Ying S (2017) Speech emotion recognition based on decision fusion of KELM. Appl Electron Tech 8:32Google Scholar