Resource recommender system based on psychological user type indicator
- 106 Downloads
In an Internet of Things (IoT) environment, service composition and collaboration among heterogeneous resources are required. Thus, an infrastructure that supports these requirements is an essential factor in a seamless service delivery. For these requirements, mobile devices should have multiple functions. However, the miniaturization of mobile devices is another requirement, and a trade-off between the two requirements is naturally generated. My previous study proposed the resource collaboration system that provides a service consisting of shareable resources in the surrounding area to solve the resource limitations of devices. Reducing the processing time for generating the recommendation and improving user satisfaction about the results are important factors, particularly for a small mobile device with limited resources. This study analyzes and classifies personal user preferences from resource usage history based on the Myers-Briggs type indicator. The study also proposes a method to recommend customized resources for classified user types. Results show that the proposed method reduces the recommendation time and increases user satisfaction.
KeywordsRecommender system Resource collaboration Resource reasoning MBTI
This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea Grant funded by the Korean Government [NRF-2014R1A1A2057221].
- Adomavicius G, Mobasher B, Ricci F, Tuzhilin A (2008) Context-aware recommender systems. In: Proceeding of the 2008 ACM conference on recommender systems, Lousanne, Switzerland. pp 217–253. doi: 10.1007/978-0-387-85820-3_7
- Lee MC, Jang HK, Paik YS, Jin SE, Lee S (2006) Device collaboration framework in ubiquitous environment: celadon. In: Proceeding of SEUS-WCCIA’06, Gyeongju, KoreaGoogle Scholar
- McFaddin S, Coffman D, Han JH, Jang HK, Kim JH, Lee JK, Lee MC, Moon YS, Narayanaswami C, Paik YS, Park JW, Soroker D, (2007) Celadon: delivering business services to mobile users in public spaces. IBM research report RC24381(W0710-101)Google Scholar
- Myers IB, McCaulley MH, Quenk NL, Hammer AL (1998) Manual: a guide to the development and use of the Myers-Briggs type indicator, 3rd edn. Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto. (ISBN 0-89106-130-4) Google Scholar
- RDF 1.1 Primer (2014) W3C Working Group Note, 24 June 2014. https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-primer/
- SPARQL 1.1 Query Language (2013) W3C Recommendation, 21 March 2013. https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/
- Spoladore D, Modoni G, Sacco M (2016) Smart devices for the home of the future: a new model for collaboration. ERCIM News 2016(104):48–49Google Scholar
- Zang Y, An Y, Hu XT (2014) Automatically recommending healthy living programs to patients with chronic diseases through hybrid content-based and collaborative filtering. In: Proceeding of BIBM 2014, Belfast, United Kingdom. pp 578–582. doi: 10.1109/BIBM.2014.6999224