Influence of Ammonium Dihydrogen Phosphate Addition on the Behavior of Potassium During Biomass Combustion
- 32 Downloads
The effect of ammonium dihydrogen phosphate (NH4H2PO4) on the migration and transformation of potassium (K) during rice straw combustion was carried out in a laboratory-scale tube furnace at temperatures of 750 °C, 850 °C, and 950 °C. The characteristics of ashes were analyzed by chemical fractionation, scanning electron microscopy, X-ray fluorescence and X-ray diffraction. Results indicated that with the temperature increasing, the higher PO43−/K molar ratio, the stronger the ability of K-retention. When the molar ratio of PO43−/K was 1:1, the change rate of K retention increased by 4.95%, 23.12% and 47.99% compared to 1:2 molar ratio of PO43−/K at 750 °C, 850 °C and 950 °C, respectively. Water-soluble potassium of RS reacted with PO43− actively and was converted to insoluble potassium, which could avoid potassium migrating into gaseous phase. The addition of NH4H2PO4 can combine with K and Ca to generate the ternary complex salts of Ca–P–K. The compounds are mainly in the form of K2CaP2O7 that has a high melting point, which can improve the ash melting characteristics effectively.
KeywordsBiomass Combustion Ammonium dihydrogen phosphate K-retention Alkali metals
This work was currently supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 51576135), the Science and Technology Research Project of Education Department of Liaoning Province (Project No. L201736) and the Natural Science Foundation of Liaoning Province (Project No. 20180551231).
- 3.Yoo, H.M., Seo, Y.C., Park, S.W., Kang, J.J., Choi, H.S., Oh, C.H.: Removal effect of ash and metallic species by washing from empty fruit bunch byproducts in palm mills on pyrolytic characteristics to produce bio-crude oil. Waste Biomass Valor. 6, 1–12 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Lazaroiu, G., Frentiu, T., Mihaescu, L., Mihalaltan, A., Ponta, M., Frentiu, M., Cordos, E.: The synergistic effect in coal/biomass blend briquettes combustion on elements behavior in bottom ash using ICP-OES. J. Optoelectron. Adv. Mater. 11, 713–721 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Pisa, I., Radulescu, C., Mihăescu, L., Lazaroiu, G., Negreanu, G., Zamfir, S., Vaireanu, D.: Evaluation of corrosive effects in co-firing process of biomass and coal. Environ. Eng. Manag. J. 8, 1458–1490 (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Melissari, B.: Ash related problems with high alkalii biomass and its mitigation - experimental evaluation. Mem. Investig. Ingen. 12, 31–44 (2014)Google Scholar
- 16.Li, L., Ren, Q., Li, S., Lu, Q.: Behavior of alkali metals during combustion of wheat straw with phosphorous-rich additives. Proc. CSEE 33, 41–47 (2013)Google Scholar
- 23.Ma, X., Qin, J., Luo, Z.: Effect of additives on fusion characteristic of ashes during rice straw combustion. J. Zhejiang Univ. 44, 1573–1578 (2010)Google Scholar
- 32.Ma, X.Q., Luo, Z.Y., Fang, M.X.: Effect of additives on behavior of alkali metals during straw combustion. J. Zhejiang Univ. 40, 599–604 (2006)Google Scholar