Application of Plackett–Burman Design in Screening the Significant Parameters in Extraction of Phytic Acid from Defatted Rice Bran by Acetic Acid
- 132 Downloads
This study aimed to screen the effective parameters that influence the extraction of phytic acid from defatted rice bran. Phytic acid was extracted from defatted rice bran with the help of food-grade acetic acid. The extraction parameters were screened in accordance with the Plackett–Burman design methodology to investigate their effects on the yield of phytic acid. A mathematical model of the yield of phytic acid was developed according to the statistical results of different parameters. This paper studied the main effects and the ratio of liquid to solid (L/S ratio), and at the same time pH and temperature were found to be the significant parameters on the yield of phytic acid. With the optimized parameters from the established mathematical model, this paper carried out a validation of the model.
KeywordsPhytic acid Defatted rice bran Optimization Plackett–Burman design
This work was supported by grants from the Zhejiang Provincial Key Research and Development Program (Grant No. 2015C02031), the China Spark Program (Grant No. 2015GA700079), the Opening Fund of Zhejiang Provincial Collaborative Innovation Center of Agricultural Biological Resources Biochemical Manufacturing (Grant Nos. 2016KF0107), Xinmiao talents Project of Zhejiang Province (2017R415020), and the Science Foundation of Tongxiang (Grant No. 201402037).
- 4.Kapral, M., Wawszczyk, J., Jurzak, M., Hollek, A., Węglarz, L.: The effect of inositol hexaphosphate on the expression of selected metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors in IL-1β-stimulated colon cancer cells. Int. J. Colorectal Dis. 27(11), 1419–1428 (2012). doi: 10.1007/s00384-012-1445-3 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Bhowmik, A., Ojha, D., Goswami, D., Das, R., Chandra, N. S., Chatterjee, T. K., Chakravarty, A., Chakravarty, S., Chattopadhyay, D.: Inositol hexa phosphoric acid (phytic acid), a nutraceuticals, attenuates iron-induced oxidative stress and alleviates liver injury in iron overloaded mice. Biomed. Pharmacother. (2017). doi: 10.1016/j.biopha.2016.12.125 Google Scholar
- 7.Soravia, S., Orth, A.: Design of experiments. Ullmann’s encyclopedia of industrial chemistry. Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH, Weinheim (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Murray, J. Jr.: X-Stat: statistical experiment design/data analysis/nonlinear optimization. John Wiley and Sons, Inc, New York (1984)Google Scholar
- 13.Kolchev, L. A.: Method for producing phytin. US: 1978Google Scholar
- 18.Saad, N., Esa, N. M., Ithnin, H., Shafie, N. H.: Optimization of optimum condition for phytic acid extraction from rice bran. Afr. J. Plant Sci. 5(3), 168–176 (2011)Google Scholar
- 22.Xu, P., Price, J., Aggett, P. J.: Recent advances in methodology for analysis of phytate and inositol phosphates in foods. Prog. Food Nutr. Sci. 16(3), 245 (1992)Google Scholar
- 23.Hunter, I., Samaranayake, L., Robertson, A., Macfarlane, T., Ferguson, M.: The effect of chlorhexidine gluconate and benzydamine hydrochloride mouthwashes on irradiation-induced oral mucositis. J. Dent. Res. 66(4), 871–871 (1987)Google Scholar