Drift KdV and KP equation in electron–positron–ion plasma with trapping effects
- 13 Downloads
Linear and nonlinear propagation of one- and two-dimensional drift ion acoustic waves with the effects of trapping in electron–positron–ion degenerate plasma has been considered. The characteristics of the dispersion relation in a two-dimensional quantum degenerate plasma has modified significantly due to the inclusion of positrons. The variations of drift KdV and KP equation have been studied with magnetic field, positron concentration and electron degeneracy temperature. The system under consideration admits compressive solitary structures only. The present studies may be valuable to understand the propagation of drift solitary structures with special reference to white dwarf stars.
KeywordsDrift solitary wave Trapping effect Electron–positron–ion plasma
PACS Nos.47.35.Fg 52.35.Kt 52.35.Mw 52.35.Fp
The author acknowledges the support from the DP-PMI program and Fundacao para a Ciencia e a Tecnologia, Portugal, namely through the Scholarship Number SFRH/PD/BD/113650/2015.
- L N Tsintsadze AIP Conf. Proc. 89 1306 (2010)Google Scholar
- A V Gurevich, J. Exp. Theor. Phys. 53 953 (1967)Google Scholar
- R Z Sagdeev Reviews of Plasma Physics (Vol. 4, New York: Consultants Bureau) (1966)Google Scholar
- N S Erokhin, N N Zolnikova and I A Mikhailovskaya Fiz. Plazmy 22 137 (1996)Google Scholar
- L D Landau and E M Liftshitz, Statistical Physics (Part I, Oxford: Butterworth) (1980)Google Scholar
- W Masood, B Eliasson and P K Shukla Phys. Rev. E 83 105401 (2011)Google Scholar
- L D Landau and E M Liftshitz, Physical Kinetics (New York: Pergamon Press) (1981)Google Scholar