Design and Development of Cost-Effective System for the Measurement of Dielectric Constant of Ceramic Materials Using PIC Microcontroller
- 15 Downloads
In the present work, a simple and low-cost instrument is designed to measure the dielectric constant of ceramic materials using the impedance analyser IC AD5933. The AD5933 is highly accurate impedance converter, which provides the impedance value of the sample with respect to different frequencies. The capacitance and dielectric constant values of the prepared samples are derived from the impedance. A PIC microcontroller is used to interface the circuitry of the impedance analyser and display the measured data on the LCD. In addition, the measured data are exhibited on the serial console of the microcontroller. The measured values were compared with standard impedance analysing device HIOKI-LCR Hi-tester353250.
KeywordsPIC microcontroller AD5933 circuit Impedance Capacitance Dielectric constant
- J.M. Jung, M. Wang, E.J. Kim and S.H. Hahn, Photocatalytic properties of Au/TiO2 thin films prepared by RF magnetron sputtering, Vacuum 82 (2008) 827–832. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vacuum.2007.11.011.
- F.H. Dulin and D.E. Rase, Phase equilibria in the system ZnO-TiO2, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 43 (1960) 125–131. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1960.tb14326.x.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- D. Ibrahim, PIC32 Microcontrollers and the Digilent Chipkit Introductory to Advanced Projects, Newnes, 2015, pp. 15–60. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-099934-0.00002-8.
- P. Wandowski, P. Mallinowski and W. Ostachowicz, Calibration problem of AD5933 device for electromechanical impedance measurements, In Proceedings for EWSHM-7th European Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, Nantes, France, (2014), 480–487. https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01020384.
- A.E. Allen, R. Storchi, F.P. Martial, R.A. Bedford and R.J. Lucas, Melanopsin contributions to the representation of images in the early visual system, Curr. Biol., 27 (2017), Elsevier Ltd. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cub.2017.04.046.
- B. Rajesh Kumar, B. Hymavathi and T. Subba Rao, Effect of alumina dopant on structural, surface morphological and dielectric properties of ZnO for photovoltaic applications, In AIP conference proceedings, vol 1992(1) (2018) 040005. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5047970.