Experimental and Theoretical Study of the Measured Wavelength of Laser Light Using Mach–Zehnder interferometer
- 12 Downloads
In this research, the experimental and theoretical studies to measure the wavelength of laser light by Mach–Zehnder interferometer were conducted. Then, the results were compared with Zemax software. The fringes have been obtained both as shining and dark. The wavelength of laser light and the diameter of fringes were calculated by the optical system. The calculation relies on the measure of the airy disk diameter, whose approximation is directly proportional to the wavelength of the laser source; and to the space between the aperture and the image plane. However, the calculation is reciprocally proportional to the diameter of the aperture. Then, the results were compared with Zemax software, where the ratio of error is very small.
KeywordsMach–Zehnder Diode laser Interference fringes Ray-tracing software
- L. Zehnder, Ein neuer interferenzrefraktor, Springer, Berlin, (1891).Google Scholar
- L. Zehnder, Instrum. Z., 11 (1891) 275.Google Scholar
- Z. Ludwig Mach, Instrumentenkunde., 12 (1892) 89.Google Scholar
- Y. Zhou, T. Shen, B. Sun and Y. Feng, Research and development of testing aspheric surfaces using two-wavelength interferometer methods, Information science and electronic engineering: proceedings of the 3rd international conference of electronic engineering and information science (ICEEIS 2016), January 4–5, 2016, CRC Press, Harbin (2016) p. 297.Google Scholar
- A. Roy and S. Ghosh, Evolution of photon beams through a nested Mach–Zehnder interferometer using classical states of light. arXiv preprint arXiv:1701.03074 [quant-ph] (2017).
- A. Hanim, H. Hazura, S. Idris, A.M. Zain, F. Salehuddin and A.H. Afifah-Maheran, Performance of different Mach–Zehnder interferometer (MZI) structures for optical modulator, J. Telecommun. Electron. Comput. Eng. (JTEC), 9 (2017) 25–29.Google Scholar
- N. Garg, K. Soni, A. Kumar and T Saxena, Applications of laser interferometry in providing traceable vibration measurements in India, MAPAN-J. Metrol. Soc India, 30 (2015) 91–104.Google Scholar
- M. Bahrawi and N. Farid, Application of a commercially available displacement measuring interferometer to line scale measurement and uncertainty of measurement, MAPAN-J. Metrol. Soc India, 25 (2010) 259–264.Google Scholar
- E.I. Pacheco-Chacon, E. Gallegos-Arellano, J.M. Sierra-Hernandez, R. Rojas-Laguna, J.M. Estudillo-Ayala, E. Hernandez, D. Jauregui-Vazquez and J.C. Hernandez-Garcia, Torsion sensing setup based on a Mach–Zehnder interferometer with photonics crystal fiber, Photonic Instrumentation Engineering IV: International Society for Optics and Photonics (2017) p. 101100V.Google Scholar
- S. Srisuwan, C. Sirisathitkul and S. Danworaphong, Validiation of photometric ellipsometry for refractive index and thickness measurements, MAPAN-J. Metrol. Soc India, 30 (2015) 31–36.Google Scholar