Lousicidal effect of deltamethrin in domestic pigeons
- 62 Downloads
Present study reports the effect of deltamethrin against louse infestation in domestic pigeons. In this study, twelve pigeons infested with Columbicola columbae louse were sprayed with deltamethrin (12.5 %) and another twelve pigeons were kept as control group. The lice intensity was reduced 89 %, 98 % and 100 % on 1st, 7th and 14th day of post treatment in treatment group. Out of twelve pigeons, four pigeons showed sneezing and temporary ocular inflammations after spraying.
KeywordsColumbicola Deltamethrin Lice Pigeons
The authors are very grateful to Mr.S.Sadasiva Reddy and Mrs. S.Maheswri for their help while conducting the study.
- Naz S, Rizvi SA, Sychra O (2010) The high rate of infestation of chewing lice (Phthiraptera) in rock pigeons (Columba livia Gmelin 1789) in Pakistan. Trop Zool 10(23):21–28Google Scholar
- Ponnudurai G, Harikrishnan TJ, Rani N, Meenakshisundaram A (2011) Comparative efficacy of neem and pungan oil against lice infestation in chicken. J Vet Parasitol 25(2):152–154Google Scholar
- Reddy BS, Sivajothi S (2013) Management of lice infestation in dairy calves. RRJoVST 2(3):13–14Google Scholar
- Reddy BS, Prameela DP, Sivajothi S, Venkatasivakumar R, Raju KGS (2014) Dermatophilosis in cross-bred cattle in Y.S.R. district of Andhra Pradesh. Int J Sci Environ Technol 3(4):1371–1374Google Scholar
- Soulsby EJL (1982) Helminths, arthropods and protozoa of domesticated animals, 7th edn. Bailliere Tindall, LondonGoogle Scholar