Sulfonic Acid-Functionalized Silica-Coated Magnetic Nanoparticles as a Reusable Catalyst for the Preparation of Pyrrolidinone Derivatives Under Eco-Friendly Conditions
- 4 Downloads
The surface of silica-coated CoFe2O4 magnetic nanoparticles (CoFe2O4@SiO2), which is resistant to the oxidation due to silicone coating, was functionalized using chlorosulfonic acid and used as an efficient and recyclable catalyst for the preparation of 3-pyrrolin-2-ones from diethyl acetylenedicarboxylate, an aldehyde and aniline in ethanol solvent at 60 °C. In the presented study, some fascinating chracteritics of such catalyst, such as magnetically separable, simple workup and obtaining a high purity of products by simple recrystallization, have been successfully obtained. The structural features of CoFe2O4@SiO2-SO3H catalyst were elucidated by X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), thermo-gravimetric studying (TGA), scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and FT-IR spectra.
KeywordsCobalt ferrite Silica-coated Sulfonic acid-functionalized Reusable catalyst Magnetic nanoparticles 3-pyrrolin-2-ones
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Tabatabaei Rezaei SJ, Shamseddin A, Ramazani A, Mashhadi Malekzadeh A, Azimzadeh Asiabi P (2017) Palladium nanoparticles immobilized on amphiphilic and hyperbranched polymer-functionalized magnetic nanoparticles: an efficient semi-heterogeneous catalyst for heck reaction. Appl Organomet Chem 31:3707CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Tarasi R, Ramazani A, Ghorbanloo M, Khoobi M, Aghahosseini H, Joo SW, Shafiee A (2018) Synthesis of magnetic Fe3O4@polyethyleneimine. Mn (II) from Fe3O4,[3-(2, 3-epoxypropoxy) propyl] trimethoxysilane, polyethyleneimine and Mn (II) acetate as a novel silicon-containing polymeric organic-inorganic hybrid nanomaterial and its catalytic investigation towards the oxidation of cyclohexene, ethyl benzene and toluene in the presence of H2O2 as an oxidant. Silicon 10:257CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Ramazani A, Farshadi A, Mahyari A, Sadri F, Joo SW, Asiabi PA, Fardood ST, Dayyani N, Ahankar H (2016) Synthesis of electron-poor N-Vinylimidazole derivatives catalyzed by silica nanoparticles under solvent-free conditions. Int J Nano Dimens 7:41Google Scholar
- 28.CrysAlisPRO in Xcalibur software (2012). Agilent Technologies, Yarnton, UKGoogle Scholar
- 30.Brandenburg K, Diamond V (2014) 3.1 eM; Crystal Impact GbR, Bonn, Germany, 2005. Received: January 11Google Scholar