Benefitting from High-κ Spacer Engineering in Balistic Triple-Gate Junctionless FinFET- a Full Quantum Study
- 11 Downloads
In this paper, a numerically comprehensive investigation have been performed in order to propose a high-κ spacer triple-gate junctionless FinFET (HKS TG JL FinFET) in three dimensional (3D) simulation domain. In the proposed structure, a high dielectric insulator called as HfO2 is used on the both sides of the source and the drain regions as the spacers. The spacer located on the drain side, extends into the channel region and the other spacer is only on the channel region. Mode Space Non-Equilibrium Green’s Function method has been utilized in order to analyze the nanoscale proposed structure. The modification of the electric field along the channel region is introduced as the main reason for the improvement of the electrical characteristics. Also, the explored results about role of different thicknesses of the proposed structure spacers on the electrical performance are discussed in the last section. The explored results have revealed that the leakage current is successfully reduced about 20% and also Ion/Ioff experiences a 30% increase for the proposed structure. Also, the short channel effects in terms of subthreshod slope and drain induced barrier lowering (DIBL) is improved about 11.59% and 50% respectively. It is stated that the HKS JL TG FinFET can be a good candidate for future high speed applications.
KeywordsTriple-gate Junctionless FinFET High-κ spacer engineering NEGF
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Molaei R, Saremi M (2018) A resonant tunneling nanowire field effect transistor with physical contractions: a negative differential resistance device for low power very large scale integration applications. J Electron Mater 47(2):1091–1098. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11664-017-5823-z CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Yu B et al (2002) FinFET scaling to 10 nm gate length. In: IEEE conference publication, pp 251–254. https://doi.org/10.1109/IEDM.2002.1175825
- 7.Anvarifard M, Orouji A (2018) Enhancement of a nanoscale novel Esaki tunneling diode source TFET (ETDS-TFET) for low-voltage operations. Silicon 1–10. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-018-0043-6
- 8.Boukortt N, Patanè S, Crupi G (2019) 3D investigation of 8-nm tapered n-FinFET model. Silicon 1–9. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-019-00253-y
- 9.Saha R, Bhowmick B, Baishya S (2019) Impact of mole fractions due to work function variability (WFV) of metal gate on electrical parameters in strained SOI-FinFET. Silicon 1–7. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-019-00163-z
- 16.Atamuratov A et al (2017) Simulation of DIBL effect in 25 nm SOIFinFET with the different body shapes. Nanosystems Phys Chem Math 71–74. https://doi.org/10.17586/222080542017817174
- 21.Drive P, Clara S (2010) Atlas User’s Manual, device Simulation Software: 1-1715. www.silvaco.com