Synthesis, Spectral Characterization and Biological Study of Heterobinuclear Complexes of Cu(II) with Si(IV)
- 25 Downloads
Monometallic complexes of Cu(II) of type [Cu(C12H14N4XCl)]Cl2 (where X=Cl or F) were synthesized by treating CuCl2 with the two diamines 4-chloro 1,2-phenylenediamine and 4-fluoro 1,2-phenylenediamine separately in 1:2 stiochiometric proportions. These synthesized complexes were further utilized for the preparation of heterobimetallic complexes of copper with organosilicon dichlorides (R2SiCl2) [where R=C6H5 or CH3] of the type [Cu(C36H30N4Si2XCl3)] and [Cu(C16H22N4Si2XCl3)] (where X=Cl or F). All the complexes were characterized by elemental analysis, conductance measurement, electronic spectra, IR, ESR, mass spectra and X-ray powder diffraction studies. These complexes were then evaluated for their antimicrobial efficacy with Bavistin and Streptomycin used as standards. The complexes were also tested for their plant growth regulating activity against gram plant and the results attained were quite promising.
KeywordsHeterobimetallic complexes Monometallic complex Copper Silicon Antimicrobial activity Plant growth regulating activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are grateful to the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, India for financial assistance in the form of SRF vide letter no. 09/105(0221)/2015-EMR-I.
- 1.Usharani M, Akila E, Jayaseelan P, Rajavel R (2013) IJSER 4:1055–1064Google Scholar
- 2.Rakkiyasamy M, Kalimuthu K, Rangasamy S (2012) J Chem Biol Phy Sci Sec A 3:16–19Google Scholar
- 6.Bargotya S, Mathur N (2016) WJPPS 5:945–955Google Scholar
- 7.Liang SJ, Li ZQ, Li XJ, Xie HG, Zhu RS, Lin JX (2013) Res Crops 14:621–636Google Scholar
- 20.Bhoopathy RPA, Malathy M, Jyalakshmi R, Rajavel R (2016) Int J Pharma Bio Chem Sci 5:11–18Google Scholar
- 22.Pushpanathan V, Kumar DS (2013) Int J Inorg Bioinorg Chem 3:35–43Google Scholar
- 23.Mitharwal P, Fahmi N, Mittal SP, Singh RV (2013) IJCPS 4:19–28Google Scholar