Modeling and Analysis of a Front High-k gate stack Dual-Material Tri-gate Schottky Barrier Silicon-on-Insulator MOSFET with a Dual-Material Bottom Gate
- 46 Downloads
The present work centralizes the analytical modeling of a novel structure namely front high-k gate stack Dual-Material Tri-gate Silicon-on-insulator Schottky barrier MOSFET with a dual material bottom gate along with an emphasis on its response towards the various SCEs. 3-D Poisson’s equation along with proper boundary conditions has been solved considering the popular parabolic potential approximation. Different device features like surface potential, threshold voltage, electric field has been studied. Also the device immunity towards the several Short channel effects like drain-induced barrier lowering, threshold voltage roll-off, hot carrier effects are investigated minutely. The analytical results obtained have been verified using simulation results obtained from ATLAS.
KeywordsSchottky barrier MOSFET Tri-gate MOSFETs Silicon-on-insulator/nothing (SOI/SON) Short channel effects
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Pritha Banerjee thankfully acknowledges the financial support obtained from UGC vide file no. 43-293/2014(SR) dated 29.12.2015.
- 1.D’Agostino F, Quercia D (2000) Introduction to VLSI design (EECS 467), Short-Channel Effects in MOSFETsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Cartwright J (2011) Intel enters the third dimension. Nature. http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110506/full/news.2011.274.html
- 6.Srivastava VM, Singh SP (2012) Analysis and design of Tri-Gate MOSFET with high dielectrics gate. I J. Int Syst Appl 5:16–22Google Scholar
- 10.Choi S-J, Choi Y-K Source and drain junction engineering for enhanced non-volatile memory performance, (InTech) ISBN: 978-953-307-272-2. https://doi.org/10.5772/18460
- 12.Ghanatian H, Hosseini SE (2016) Analytical modeling of subthreshold swing in undoped trigate SOI MOSFETs. J Comput Electron:508–515Google Scholar
- 13.Young KK (1989) Short-channel effect in fully depleted SOI MOSFETs, vol 36Google Scholar
- 14.Kumar P, Bhowmick B 2-D analytical modeling for electrostatic potential and threshold voltage of a dual work function gate Schottky barrier MOSFET, J Comput Electron. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10825-017-1011-x
- 16.Pradhan K. P., Singh D, Mohapatra SK, Sahu PK Double material gate oxide (DMGO) SiGe-on-insulator (SGOI) MOSFET: A proposal and analysis. In: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits (EDSSC)Google Scholar