Deep drawing of 6A16 aluminum alloy for automobile body with various blank-holder forces
- 52 Downloads
Based on the ABAQUS/explicit finite element method, the deep drawing of 6A16 alloy pre-aged and then storaged at room temperature for 1 week with various blank-holder forces (10, 14, 18 kN) was studied. The distribution and variation of stress and strain in deformation zones were investigated to drive the forming property and process of the alloy. Besides, the simulation result was verified combined with the deep drawing experiments. The results show that the stress and strain of the deformation zone have an incremental trend with the blank-holder force increasing while the deformation degree and grain size within a certain deformation zone have an obvious increase and an enlargement, respectively. After the deep drawing, the hardness of products also increases with the enhancement of blank-holder force. The blank-holder force of 18 kN is certified as the preferential one by the analysis of microstructure and simulation results.
KeywordsABAQUS 6A16 aluminum alloy Deep drawing test Blank-holder force
This study was financially supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (No. 2016YFB0300805).
- Ni JL, Li L, Liu Q, Zhao FQ, Xu Y, Guo SJ, Changhai B. The study of aluminum alloy application on automotive control arm. In: Proceedings of the FISITA 2012 World Automotive Congress Berlin, Berlin; 2013. 901.Google Scholar
- Lin FU. Discussion on the application of aluminum alloy and magnesium alloy in automotive industry. Automob Technol Mater. 2006;2006(8):8.Google Scholar
- Groche P, Norman M. Tribological investigation of deep-drawing processes using servo presses. In: ASME 2012 International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference. Notre Dame, Indiana, USA; 2012. 127.Google Scholar
- Qin SJ, Huang XZ, Wang J. Research on axisymmetrical deep drawing process based on radial double blank segmental blank-holder technique. Chin J Mech Eng. 2011;22(14):1741.Google Scholar
- Du B, Zhao CC, Dong GJ, Ya YY. Study on thin-walled tube forming by solid granule medium forming. ICIC Express Lett. 2014;8(9):2649.Google Scholar
- Davies G. Materials for Automobile Bodies. 2nd ed. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann; 2004. 1.Google Scholar
- Liu X, Liu W, Wang C, Zhao Q. Numerical simulation of aluminum alloy conical cup forming by hydro-mechanical deep drawing. In: International Forum on Strategic Technology. Harbin; 2011. 181.Google Scholar
- Wang W, Liu C, Li D. Cylindrical deep drawing test and finite element simulation of 2024 aluminum alloy sheet. Forg Stamp Technol. 2014;39(11):1.Google Scholar