Constitutive modeling of a directionally solidified nickel-based superalloy DZ125 subjected to thermal mechanical creep fatigue loadings
- 202 Downloads
A transversely isotropic continuum elasto-viscoplasticity model, which was developed from Chaboche’s unified constitutive model, was formulated to capture the thermal mechanical creep fatigue deformation behavior of a directionally solidified nickel-based superalloy. A fourth-order tensor was introduced to model material anisotropy. In order to model the tertiary creep behavior, the Kachanov damage evolution equation was coupled into the stress tensor. Based on the test results of uniaxial tensile, fatigue, and creep loadings at isothermal temperature conditions, the material parameters are obtained. Thermal mechanical fatigue (TMF) and creep–fatigue interaction test results were used to verify the robustness of the model. Additionally, strain–temperature-dependent stress–strain responses under TMF loadings were analyzed using the present model. Under strain-controlled conditions, both of the stress ranges and mean stresses are strongly influenced by the strain–temperature phases, a key parameter for TMF tests.
KeywordsConstitutive TMF Creep Viscoplastic Superalloy
This research was financially supported by the National Basic Research Program of China (No. 2015CB057400).
- Prager W. A new method of analyzing stresses and strains in work-hardening plastic solids. J Appl Mech. 1956;23:493.Google Scholar
- Perzyna P. the constitutive equations for rate sensitive plastic materials. Providence: Brown University; 1962.Google Scholar
- Walker KP. Research and development program for non-linear structural modeling with advanced time-temperature dependent constitutive relationships. Cleveland: NASA; 1981.Google Scholar
- Shenoy MM. Constitutive modeling and life prediction in Ni-base superalloys. Atlanta: Georgia Institute of Technology; 2006. p. 30.Google Scholar
- Rabotnov YN. Creep problems in structural members. Amsterdam: North-Holland; 1969. p. 35.Google Scholar
- Kachanov LM. The theory of creep. Boston Spa: National Lending Library for Science and Technology; 1967. p. 30.Google Scholar
- Chaboche J. Viscoplastic constitutive equations for the description of cyclic and anisotropic behavior of metals. Bull Acad Polon Sci Ser Sci. 1977;25(1):33.Google Scholar
- Benallal A, Cheikh AB. Constitutive laws for engineering materials. New York: ASME Press; 1987. p. 145.Google Scholar
- Gordon AP. Crack initiation modeling of a directionally-solidified nickel-base superalloy. Atlanta: Georgia Institute of Technology; 2006. p. 139.Google Scholar
- Chataigner E, Remy L. Thermomechanical fatigue behaviour of coated and bare nickel-based superalloy single crystals. In: Thermomechanical fatigue behavior of materials: second volume. Phoenix: ASTM Special Technical Publication; 1996. p. 3.Google Scholar