\(\chi\)-Optimal solution of single objective nonlinear optimization problem with uncertain parameters
- 49 Downloads
This paper addresses nonlinear optimization problem whose parameters are uncertain and lie in closed intervals. A partial ordering is introduced to define closeness between two intervals as well as two interval vectors. Existence of the solution of the model is studied using this partial ordering in case of unconstrained as well as constrained optimization problem. A variant of goal programming technique is used to develop a methodology to derive the solution. The methodology is illustrated through a numerical example. A possible application in finance is provided.
KeywordsNonlinear programming Interval valued function Interval inequality Order relation Goal programming
Mathematics Subject Classification90C29 90C31 90C46 90C90
The authors are greatly indebted to the anonymous referees for valuable comments and remarks aimed at the improvement of the manuscript.
- 4.Hansen, E., Walster, G.W.: Global optimization using interval analysis. Marcel Dekker Inc, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Jana, M., Panda, G.: Solution of nonlinear interval vector optimization problem. Oper. Res. 14(1), 71–85 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Jayswal, A., Stancu-Minasian, I., Ahmad, I.: On sufficiency and duality for a class of interval-valued programming problems. Appl. Math. Comput. 218(8), 4119–4127 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Liu, S.T., Wang, R.T.: A numerical solution method to interval quadratic programming. Appl. Math. Comput. 189(2), 1274–1281 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.Moore, R.E., Kearfott, R.B., Cloud, M.J.: Introduction to interval analysis. Soc. Ind. Math. (2009)Google Scholar
- 16.Urli, B., Nadeau, R.: An interactive method to multiobjective linear programming problems with interval coefficients. INFOR 30(2), 127–137 (1992)Google Scholar