Disturbance-observer Based Adaptive Control for Second-order Nonlinear Systems Using Chattering-free Reaching Law
- 63 Downloads
In this paper, an adaptive sliding mode control incorporating with a nonlinear disturbance observer is proposed for a class of second-order nonlinear systems with unknown parameters and matched lumped disturbance. A double hyperbolic reaching law with chattering-free characteristic is first constructed, and an adaptive sliding mode controller is designed to guarantee the satisfactory tracking performance and fast error convergence. The chattering problem is eliminated by means of the infinitely approaching equilibrium point instead of crossing it by employing two hyperbolic functions. In order to identify the unknown parameters accurately, an adaptive parametric update law is presented through constructing a set of auxiliary filtered variables. Then, a nonlinear disturbance observer is proposed to improve the tracking performance and compensate for the lumped disturbance including perturbations and uncertainties. The stability analysis is provided by the Lyapunov stability theory, and a numerical simulation on a mass-spring damper system is given to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
KeywordsDisturbance observer double hyperbolic reaching law parametric identification second-order nonlinear systems sliding mode control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Q. Chen, S. Z. Xie, M. X. Sun, and X. X. He, “Adaptive non–singular fixed–time attitude stabilization of uncertain spacecraft,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, pp. 1–13, May 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TAES.2018.2832998Google Scholar
- W. Gao, Theory and Design Method for Variable Sliding Mode Control, Science Press, Beijing, 1996.Google Scholar
- M. Asad, A. I. Bhatti, and S. Iqbal, “A novel reaching law for smooth sliding mode control using inverse hyperbolic function,” Proc. of International Conference on Emerging Technologies, pp. 65–70, 2012.Google Scholar
- B. Kurkcu, C. Kasnakoglu, and M. O. Efe, “Disturbance/ uncertainty estimator based integral sliding mode control,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol.63, no.11, pp. 3940–3947, November 2018.Google Scholar
- L. Zhou, Z. Che, and C. Yang, “Disturbance observerbased integral sliding mode control for singularly perturbed systems with mismatched disturbances,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 6, pp. 9854–9861, February 2018.Google Scholar