Implementation of a Fault Diagnosis System Using Neural Networks for Solar Panel
- 27 Downloads
In this paper, we propose a fault diagnosis system for the solar panels of solar-powered street lights that uses an adaptive resonance theory 2 neural network (ART2 NN) and a multilayer neural network (MNN). To diagnose a fault in a solar panel, we use the open-circuit voltage with respect to the duty cycle as input for the two neural networks. As a result, we can use them to double check the fault diagnosis for the solar panel. In addition, we present a graphical user interface for the proposed solar panel fault diagnosis system. The fault diagnosis system we propose has the potential for application in similar systems and devices.
KeywordsAdaptive resonance theory 2 neural network fault diagnosis graphical user interface multilayer neural network open-circuit voltage solar panel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Schurmann, Pattern Classification, A Unified View of Statistical and Neural Approaches, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1996.Google Scholar
- L. Fausett, Fundamental of Neural Netwroks, Prentice Hall, 1994.Google Scholar
- M. T. Elhagry, A. A. T. Elkousy, M. B. Saleh, T. F. Elshatter, and E. M. Abou-Elzahab, “Fuzzy modeling of photovoltaic panel equivalent circuit,” Proceedings of the Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, vol. 15, no. 22, pp. 16561659, Sep. 2000.Google Scholar
- MIJIENERTECH Co., Ltd, Apparatus and Method for Fault Diagnosis of Photovoltaic Module, Patent (Korea) 10-1456122, 2014.Google Scholar
- S. Y. Kung, Digital Neural Networks, Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- I. S. Lee, P. J. Shin, and G. J. Jeon, “Multiple faults diagnosis of a linear system using ART2 neural networks,” Journal of Institute of Control Robotics and Systems, vol. 3, no. 3 pp. 244–251, 1997.Google Scholar
- D. E. Rumelhart and J. L. McClelland, Parallel Distributed Processing: Explorations in the Microstructure of Cognition, vol. 1, MIT Press, Reading, MA, 1986.Google Scholar
- S. Y. Kang and K. H. Kim, “Simulator development for stand-alone PV system design,” Proc. of Power Electronics Annual Conference, pp. 383–388, Korea, 2003.Google Scholar
- J. S. Lee and K. H. Kim, Solar Panel Engineering, Green Press, 2012.Google Scholar