Vibration Reduction for Offshore Platforms via Delayed Sliding Mode H∞ Control
- 14 Downloads
This paper deals with delayed sliding mode H∞ control for an offshore steel jacket platform subject to nonlinear self-excited wave force and external disturbance. By using both current and delayed states, a delayed sliding mode H∞ controller is designed to attenuate vibration of the offshore platform. It is observed through simulation results that the delayed sliding mode H∞ controller is capable of reducing the oscillation amplitudes of the offshore platform significantly. Moreover, compared with the delay-free sliding mode H∞ controller, the oscillation amplitudes of the offshore platform under the controllers are almost the same, while the control force required by the delayed sliding mode H∞ controller is less than that by the delay-free sliding mode H∞ controller.
KeywordsDelayed feedback H∞ control offshore structure sliding mode control time-delay
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Li, J. Wang, L. Wu, H. Du, and H. R. Karimi, “Adap–tive sliding mode control for Takagi–Sugeno fuzzy systems and its Applications,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Sys–tems, vol. pp, no. 99, pp. 1–1, Mar. 2017.Google Scholar
- X. Ma, F. Sun, H. Li, and B. He, “Neural–network–based integral sliding–mode tracking control of second–order multi–agent systems with unmatched disturbances and completely unknown dynamics,” International Jour–nal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1925–1935, Aug. 2017.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- A. Karami–Mollaee and H. Tirandaz, “Adaptive fuzzy fault tolerant control using dynamic sliding mode,” Interna–tional Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 16, no. X, pp. 1–8, 2018.Google Scholar
- Z.–H. Pang, G.–P. Liu, D. Zhou, and D. Sun, “Design and performance analysis of networked predictive control sys–tems based on input–output difference equation model,” In–ternational Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, no. 15, no. 1, pp. 416–426, Feb. 2017.Google Scholar
- X.–M. Zhang, Q.–L. Han, and B.–L. Zhang, “An overview and deep investigation on sampled–data–based event–triggered control and filtering for networked systems,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 13, no. pp.4–16, Feb. 2017.Google Scholar
- J. S. Yang, “Robust mixed H2=H¥ active control for offshore steel jacket platform,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol.78, no. 2, pp. 1503.1514, Oct. 2014.Google Scholar