Stability Analysis and Memory Control Design of Polynomial Fuzzy Systems with Time Delay via Polynomial Lyapunov-Krasovskii Functional
- 20 Downloads
This paper investigates the problems of delay-dependent stability analysis and memory control design of polynomial fuzzy systems with time delay. Using polynomial Lyapunov-Krasovskii functional and slack polynomial matrix variables, delay dependent sufficient stability and stabilizability conditions are derived in terms of sum of squares (SOS) which can be numerically (partially symbolically) solved via the recently developed SOSTOOLS. The main advantage of the proposed design is the reduction of conservatism for three great reasons. The first one is that polynomial matrices are not only dependent on the system state vector but also on the state vector with time delay. The second one is that the design conditions are formulated in delay dependent SOS. It is well known that the delay-dependent conditions are less conservative than those independent of time delay. The third one is that only correlated terms are used in the design of SOS. The simulation and comparison are given to illustrate the lesser conservativeness of the proposed result.
KeywordsPolynomial Lyapunov Krasovskii functionnal polynomial fuzzy systems sum of squares (SOS) time delay
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Tanaka, H. Yosihida, H. Ohtake, and H. Wang, “A sum of squares approach to stability analaysis of polynomial fuzzy systems,” Proceedings of the American Control Conference, New York City, USA, 2007.Google Scholar
- A. Seuret and F. Gouaisbaut, “Complete Quadratic Lyapunov functionals using Bessel-Legendre inequality,” Proc. of European Control Conference, ECC, Strasbourg, France, June 24–27, pp. 448–453, 2014.Google Scholar
- H. S. Kim, J. B. Park, and Y. H. Joo, “Less conservative robust stabilization conditions for the uncertain polynomial fuzzy system under perfect and imperfect premise matching,” International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1588–1598, December 2016.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- F. Siala, H. Gassara, A. El Hajjaji, and M. Chaabane, “Stability analysis and stabilization of polynomial fuzzy systems with time-delay via a sum of squares (SOS) approach,” Proc. of American Control Conference, Palmer House Hilton, July 1–3, 2015. Chicago, IL, USA, pp. 5706–5711, 2015.Google Scholar
- K. Tanaka, H. Ohtake, T. Seo, M. Tanaka, and H. Wang, “Polynomial fuzzy observer designs: a sum-of-squares approach,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 42, no. 5 pp. 1330–1342, 2012.Google Scholar
- S. Prajna, A. Papachristodoulou, P. Seiler, P. A. Parrilo, J. Anderson, and G. Valmorbida, SOSTOOLS: Sum of Squares Optimization Toolbox for MATLAB, Version 3.00, California Inst. Technol., Pasadena, 2013.Google Scholar