Control Surface Faults Neural Adaptive Compensation Control for Tailless Flying Wing Aircraft with Uncertainties
A neural adaptive compensation tracking control scheme considering the prescribed tracking performance bound is proposed for a flying wing aircraft with control surface faults, actuator saturation and uncertainties of aerodynamic parameters. Second-order command filters are introduced to avoid the saturation of the actuators, prescribed performance bound strategy is designed to characterize the convergence rate and maximum overshoot of the tracking error, uncertainties of aerodynamic parameters are approximated by online RBF neural networks, and control allocation law is designed to reduce the coupling of the flight dynamics. The closed-loop control law is given based on adaptive backstepping compensation control scheme, and the stability of the closed-loop system is proved by Lyapunov based design. Simulation results are given to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed neural adaptive compensation control scheme.
KeywordsCommand filter fault tolerant control flying wing aircraft neural network prescribed performance bound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. F. Song, B. Q. Zhang, and Z. H. Han, “The study of concept design criteria for large-scale passenger aircraft with new technologies,” Acta Aeronautica et Astronautica Sinica, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 583–595, May-June 2008.Google Scholar
- B. Rose, Flying Wings and Tailless Aircraft, Midland, 2010.Google Scholar
- X. R. Meng and H. Z. Ma, “Summary for control method of flying wing UAV,” Aerodynamic Missile Journal, vol. 5, pp. 25–28, 2015.Google Scholar
- B. Xu, Y. Guo, Y. Yuan, Y. H. Fan, and D. W. Wang, “Fault-tolerant control using command-filtered adaptive back-stepping technique: application to hypersonic longitudinal flight dynamics,” International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 553–577, April 2016.MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- S. J. Zhang, X. W. Qiu, B. Jiang, and C. S. Liu, “Adaptive actuator failure compensation control based on MMST grouping for a class of MIMO nonlinear systems with guaranteed transient performance,” International Journal of Control, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 593–601, November 2014.MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- M. Peimani, M. J. Yazdanpanah, and N. Khaji, “Adaptive dynamic surface control of Bouc-Wen hysteretic systems,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 138, no. 9, 091007, June 2016.Google Scholar
- Q.Wang, Q. Li, N. Chen, and J. Y. Song, “A nonlinear fault tolerant flight control method against structural damage,” Acta Aeronautica et Astronautica Sinica, 2015.Google Scholar
- F. S. Li, “Research on overall optimization design method for aggressive tailless flying wing UAV,” M.S. Dissertation, Aeronautic Department, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi-an, China, 2007.Google Scholar