Distributed Observer-based LQ Controller Design and Stabilization for Discrete-time Multi-agent Systems
- 35 Downloads
This paper will investigate the distributed observer-based LQ controller design and stabilization problem for uncoupled identical linear time-invariant multi-agent systems with a performance index coupling the behavior between the multi-agents. A design method is proposed by applying the decomposition of the global discrete-time algebraic Riccati equations. A computationally tractable solution can be obtained by solving four local algebraic Riccati equations which have the same dimensions as a single agent. The stability condition is given in terms of the spectrum of two matrices representing the desired sparsity pattern of the distributed controller and distributed observer. A limited overall performance can also be guaranteed by the proposed distributed controller which is parameterized by two scalars. To illustrate the effectiveness of the algorithm, a numerical example is provided.
KeywordsDistributed linear quadratic control multi-agent system observer design robust stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Chen, C. Y. Wen, Z. Liu, K. Xie, Y. Zhang, and C. L. P. Chen, “Adaptive consensus of nonlinear multi-agent systems with non-identical partially unknown control directions and bounded modelling errors,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control vol. 62, no. 9, pp. 4654–4659, 2017.MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- V. S. Lahire, J. O. Chandle, V. D. Dhaigude, and A. A. Suste, “Finite time consensus for leader following multiagent system with distributed observer design,” Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Computing, Communications and Networking Technologies, Tiruchengode, India, pp. 1–6, 2013.Google Scholar
- R. Ghadami and B. Shafai, “Distributed observer-based LQR design for multi-agent systems,” World Automation Congress (WAC), pp. 520–525, 2014.Google Scholar
- X. Xu and L. Gao, “Distributed observer-based consensus tracking of multi-agent systems with a reference leader,” Proceedings of the 33rd Chinese Control Conference, Nanjing, China, pp. 1499–1504, 2014.Google Scholar
- H. Cai, F. L. Lewis, G. Hu, and J. Huang, “Cooperative output regulation of linear multi-agent systems by the adaptive distributed observer,” Proceedings of the 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Osaka, Japan, pp. 5432–5437, 2015.Google Scholar
- D. S. Naidu, Optimal Control Systems (Electrical Engineering Series), CRC Press, 2002.Google Scholar